Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold air intake system, what type, what style and where to suit a V6 Vs commodore

Jez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 executive 1996
Hey guys

Any information that can be given, doesn't have to just be my questions,general feedback and your own point of view is accepted>.
No that doesn't mean belittle me for thinking of applying it to my car, im just asking for general feedback.
Cheers
1997 holden commodore 1997 Vs
Respected commodore

Attachments

• 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 689
  • 82f32f30bcf811e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg
    82f32f30bcf811e1b00112313800c5e4_7.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 679

Trikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF S2 SV6 Manual
from all reading I have done and personal experience the factory S/C CAI re next to useless as they suffer heat soak
Either the MACE ones or DIY in the same style as the MACE ones are the go

Jez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 executive 1996
from all reading I have done and personal experience the factory S/C CAI re next to useless as they suffer heat soak
Either the MACE ones or DIY in the same style as the MACE ones are the go
Considering im a P-plater in nsw who just loves commodores (No i don't think my car is ''fully sick'', i work as a car detailer and is still in school) will it alter the power of the car and sound, as the power will be an issue, dont mind about sound but it cant be a roar (well as close as you can get on a v6 atleast:blah blah: )

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Almost every P plater I know of that is somewhat interested in their vehicle has a CAI. I have never heard of anyone being pulled over because of the induction noise of their CAI. But that is only locally, I don't know what the police do wherever you are.

I can't say there would be a huge difference in power without a tune to suite, but that's not to say you won't feel a slight increase in power(be it actually there or the placebo effect).
An over the Radiator CAI(such as the VCM ones) make that roar as you described it. I'm assuming you don't want that so you don't draw attention to yourself from the police? If that's the case, the biggest way not to draw attention to yourself is not drive your car in a manner that would do so. I have an MACE/VCM OTR on my VE SIDI SV6. It's honestly not that noticeable if at all noticeable when you're not giving it to it.

Have a look on MACE's website they have a couple of CAI kits for the VS's for $270 each. Also have a look at the manifold insulators, I just installed them on my car and I would highly recommend them. Also send a message to Steve, he is a sponsor of the site, he'll be able to help you with any of your queries.

Jez

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2 executive 1996
An over the Radiator CAI(such as the VCM ones) make that roar as you described it. I'm assuming you don't want that so you don't draw attention to yourself from the police? If that's the case, the biggest way not to draw attention to yourself is not drive your car in a manner that would do so. I have an MACE/VCM OTR on my VE SIDI SV6. It's honestly not that noticeable if at all noticeable when you're not giving it to it. .
Yeah, look i have a pretty decent exhaust set up,i dont mind if its a roar but i dont want to sound like a Subaru boxer engine with a cannon on the back otherwise i would of gotten one, but if you say the mace ones are the way to go ill have a look in. Thanks mate:beer chug: