Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake

RS 2000

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 /VR V6
adjusting what ?

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
the ecu has to ajust for the different temp, you could just let it do it over a long period of time but will be quicker if you reset it, its just liek the trip computer if you let it ajust to a different driver over time it will ajust correctly but its quicker if you reset it

Freespirit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais ll V6 3.8
Thanks for your advice Optimus-Primus Yes I did mean to type 3.8
I have since opened up the air intake tube by cutting out the bottom where it sits on top of the radiator cover and made up a small scoop to channel air up to the opening.
After I installed I did a 150 Klm trip at a cruise control speed of 100 Kph and a mixture of hills and flat.
Starting with the average Litres per 100 klms set to 00. At the completion of the trip my average was 6.7 litres per 100 Klm's. I coul'dt even get this type of ecomony out of my previous car a Toyoto 2.4 Litre 4cyl Camry.It could even improve once the E.C.U settles down

mistermeena

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0
do places like autobahn or supercheap sell aftermarket cai's i been lookin at holden ones but need one suitable for a unifilter

R

Roosterman

AUNGER COMMODORE VT/VX V6&5L V8 COLD AIR INTAKE

Hi Guys, Does anyone know just how good the (AUNGER COMMODORE VT/VX V6&5L V8 COLD AIR INTAKE) is and what's it like 2fit? I've red that it can be a pain in the arse! I have a VT Series 1 with the 5.0 Litre Holden motor. Some sly Pr$k popped my bonnet while at indoor the other night now the thing is sucking nice hot air out of the engine bay. Need to get replscement from the air box forward, so might as well give some health at the same time. I'm looking at Item number: 4586680272 on ebay. Any feed back would be great. Rooster!