Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold air intake

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
How much is a K&N filter worth in your mind..Because you can get the kit that Thongy's sell from Holden for $60, could be a bit less, or you get get the OTR cold air intake from VS supercharged cheap from wreckers if you were lucky...I've seen that one before, about Steve's intake, looks pretty sweet, my only concern is how often do you think you would be washing that pod filter out being where it is....

Leebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
89 VN
I just put one onto mine it's really great not worth building your own. Genuine holden one is $70 and K&N filter $80 so that's good value.

I'd buy it mate

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
did you notice the difference from when u did have it n when u didnt?
I just put one onto mine it's really great not worth building your own. Genuine holden one is $70 and K&N filter $80 so that's good value.

I'd buy it mate

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
so the kit on ebay is at holden for $60?
do i just goto any holden dealer or do i have to goto a parts place?
which would be better the holden one or the vs supercharged one

How much is a K&N filter worth in your mind..Because you can get the kit that Thongy's sell from Holden for $60, could be a bit less, or you get get the OTR cold air intake from VS supercharged cheap from wreckers if you were lucky...I've seen that one before, about Steve's intake, looks pretty sweet, my only concern is how often do you think you would be washing that pod filter out being where it is....

ve safari

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR, VE SV6
I went to Heartland Holden today and got quoted $80 for the intake, duct, and three fasteners.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
you can order it from any Holden dealer, I guess depending on where you live, the price will vary. The VS supercahrged intake is made by Holden,andfits the VP, and is the same kit being sold on Ebay (factory fitted over the radiator intake )that's what i meant, you might get one cheap at the wrecker's if you were lucky..
Up to you, your in melbourne, so with postage, your looking at $160, my Holden dealer sells the kit for $60,some are $80, so you'll be paying roughly $80-100 for the K&N filter...How bad do you want the filter.....

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
you can order it from any Holden dealer, I guess depending on where you live, the price will vary. The VS supercahrged intake is made by Holden,and fits the VP, and is the same kit being sold on Ebay (factory fitted over the radiator intake ) Up to you, your in melbourne, so with postage, your looking at $160, my Holden dealer sells the kit for $60,some are $80, so you'll be paying roughly $80-100 for the K&N filter...How bad do you want the filter.....

LTHL-VP

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp exec
well i look around today, ill give a few people a call and see what i can sus out.
im not in desperation for it was just hoping to get one.
thanks for the info mate :thumbsup:
you can order it from any Holden dealer, I guess depending on where you live, the price will vary. The VS supercahrged intake is made by Holden,and fits the VP, and is the same kit being sold on Ebay (factory fitted over the radiator intake ) Up to you, your in melbourne, so with postage, your looking at $160, my Holden dealer sells the kit for $60,some are $80, so you'll be paying roughly $80-100 for the K&N filter...How bad do you want the filter.....