Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

cold pain~ first start idle

Chard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT s2 SS - t56
Howdy people!

Wondering if anyone out there can give me aid as I have a s2 VT ss 5.7L that is having running issues @ cold starts,,
It has progressively gotten worse over time and is now @ the stage where when first started the revs fluctuate as if the vehicle has no clue on what it's idle target is up until the vehicle is warm and then it will idle without error.
Also note that the vehicle can be shut off and started once warm with no idle issue but the issue can happen anytime of the day so long as the car has been sitting for a while - at least 6hours+

IAC was replaced as it was faulty and it gave only minor improvement with no resolve to the issue and now the issue is at the stage where at first start I must hold my foot lightly on the accelerator
or else the vehicle can some times stall and then takes a few cranks before it will fire.

Thanks in advance for any reply's ~

Chard

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VT s2 SS - t56
Thanks for the replys st3r3otyp3 and Nut Kracker,, the PCM was replaced a couple of weeks back because it was suspected faulty.

I will check the IAT sensor out and let you know what I find

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
You won't be able to read the fault codes as described in the link above, being an LS1 you can only read them with a scan tool or some OBD2 software