Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold start drama

Wayno Walden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
yWh statey .Maybe someone can help me here car has always started no problem but lately in the cold it just does not want to start I have plenty of power in the battery but it takes about 10 kranks to Go once it's started you can turn it off it's starts straight back up I was thinking it was a fuel pump or something but I noticed when I turn the ignition on and just let it sit without starting the little battery icon stays on whenever all the other lights go off . Could this be my battery ? Like I said it's got heaps of turn out of power and it's charging app the normal rate when I put the voltmeter on to check it . I'm going to change leads plugs this weekend and maybe a fuel filter?. It's got me rooted . I'm sorry to bother you guys we're such a small thin. Cheers in advance

Last edited:

lowandslow

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 III Monaro
Battery light on is normal when the key is in the run position and the car isn't running.
Can you hear the fuel pump priming when you turn the key on?

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
try turning to reds for 5 seconds
then turn off
then turn to reds for another 5 seconds
then start engine

Wayno Walden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx
Changed the plugs gonna do the filter tomorrow . See how she starts .thanks for the ideas . I'll let you know how it goes.

NeddyBear

Veteran Mountain Biker
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 2.5L Subaru Outback
No starting issues last winter, everything the same?