Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[COLOR="#0000CD"]need help![/COLOR]]

byteme9

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
Need help!

I'm having some trouble at the moment. My VN runs fine for a while then just dies whether on gas or petrol. Once I change the ECM unit and sometimes the chips as I have a power chip it generally starts straight away but then it starts dropping out again. It occasionally back fires which I'm guessing tuning but just seems weird that it runs well for a while then starts stalling. I don't know if it makes much of a difference but I tried to bridge the wires to get the codes but the engine lit up once and my fan is a thermo, so not sure I'm duing that right! The Engine light accasionally comes on. Just trying to work out if its just a tune up or if there would be problems with injectors, Any help on this would be appreciated

Last edited:

defecat0r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Series 2, v6 5-speed, LPG
well it wouldn't be injectors if it's playing up on lpg too, has to be something that's common to both.
I'd probably start checking ignition coz that's easiest to do. U'r plugs look ok? measure leads with ohm meter for 10-20k resistance? Corrosion on the DFI module pins that the coil packs sit on?(i've had that problem) the plug connector going into the DFI module seated ok? (give it a wiggle as that car's running)
Good luck