Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Colour Code for Rims

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Hey peoples, i have a set of interceptor rims that i want to give a respray as they had some nicks that i sanded out. Want i want to know is do the rims themselve have a colour code for the silver that is used?

I prefer the silver they are stock, only true chrome would be an decent alternative i think but then, id go buy a set of mags.

Cheers Apoc.

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Maybe so

I dont know, i cant powdercoat them as that requires baking (far as i know) if i etch prime the rims, then spray and clear them how well do you reckon the paint will hold up? Its pretty rare that i would be going down a dirt road.

Cheers.

fazz1977

myspace.com/fazz_himself
Reaction score
Website
www.buttonhole.com.au
Members Ride
1992 VP Executive Wagon, L27 V6 3800
I had a set of sprayed interceptors. They rocked. 1 coat of primer, 2x coats of plain silver, 1 coat of clear. They looked rad.

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
alrighty then

well cheers, i guess im about to find out how well i can paint then.

Apoc out.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
Post some pictures when you do, I'm curious to see the outcome ^^

Apoc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN-Series I-6-90
Okay ill try

I personally dont have a digital camera but i should be able to get my hands on one, might finally take some pics of old bessie too.

I etch primed then primed the rims today, just need to give em a light sand and hit em with some silver and clear. Im pretty happy got a nice uniform coat. I can deal with spraying the silver, but i suck at doing the clear (i drown it or dont put down enough and i totally cant handle buggering these up once i get that far) i think ill see if i can get the spraypainter at work to give them a hit.

Unfortunately i wont be able to finish these till the end of next week at least as i payed for some treads (225/60 and yep they are 7x15) for these this week and now i am as broke as a mf.

Dug up digi camera youll laugh at the astounding quality of picture it takes, the camera is tiny and the pictures it takes are terrible have a look, new edit flood the camera with light and you get a picture, go bathroom heat lamps :)

Attachments

• pootooo002.jpg
    pootooo002.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 453
  • Photo001.jpg
    Photo001.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 567
Last edited:

crazyspoon05

Penguin Whisperer
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VW Golf GTI (RIP The 'Bizta' VNVPVR Wagz)
I think the official colour name is Rally Silver but the Wheel Silver spray can stuff is a pretty good match, I resprayed a set of N14 SSS wheels for my old Pulsar with Wheel Silver and came up well, just make sure you clear coat them though for the extra protection...