Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coloured Lights

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
is there any law that states that the reverse lights or parkers on a car have to be white or orange?
as i want to change mine to blue or green

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
According to the ADR (Australian Design Rules) all forward facing lights MUST be white except for the indication lamps and clearance lamps which must be amber.

The rear lights must be red for the brakes/park/clearance lights, amber for the indicators and white for the reverse lights.

You are also not allowed (in most states) to have more than 2 spotlights and 2 foglights which must face foward.

The use of any blue light is solely the use of POLICE cars and you might find a hefty fine for using any type or near type (i.e green) of colour on your car. If you get a nice copper he may even book you for impersonating a cop car or something like that.

So basically there are but hay give it a go......then let us know how much it cost you for the fines.

Sorry not trying to rain on you but I got a good fine for having green clearance lights on the top of my 4wd and of cause the 4 11'spotlights on top......then again I should have let him stay on high beam,......he was a cop.....he does not need to dip his lights if he does not want too,....shouldn't I.

I hope this helps but give your local main roads department a ring and find out for sure but I don't think I'll be too far of the mark. Let us know when you find out.

Kind regards GUY

J

Jaime S.

If it's illegal to have Green or Blue lights, then how are all these bloody BMWs, etc. getting around with hyper-coloured lights?

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
I was talking to a copper at the Motor Show here in Brisbane this year - he told me that you can have yellow or orange bulbs or sleeves in your spotties or driving lights - no coloured parkers either....

Wheres the fun in that?