Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

column shift auto, centre console heater controls are annoying!

sino_2564

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
Hello everyone that is a lover of the commodore!

My question is this... I have a 1995 VS commodore with a bench seat up front and am trying to replace the globes in the heater controls. to take the console apart for this is not too hard, but for some reason when I unscrew the single screw holding in the heater controls, the heater control unit itself seems to be jammed on something and I can't for the life of me figure out what? so if someone can give me a quick, brief guide as to how to remove this and what may be restricting it, please let me know! just to add, i didn't disconnect all the electrical plugs and vacuum hoses as i didn't think these would be so inappropriately installed. so tell me, am i an idiot, or is there a real trick to this? also, i DID disconnect the metal pole that controls the temperature, so that has been tendered to.

any input would be much appreciated!

tavrin

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2 L67
The only things holding the heater control to the centre console:
1) Power connector (Undo this 3rd)
2) Vacuum lines with that clear rubber thing to hold it in (Undo this 2nd)
3) Steel rod which connects to the white plastic clip (Undo this 1st)

The Vacuum lines come off... but they come off with that clear rubber thing. All you need to do is slide your little finger underneath the clear rubber edge and push it away. Once you crack the vacuum and it starts to leak, pulling it off will be really easy. Just remember to work your way around each side of it and it'll come loose eventually.

Power connector is just 1 tab to press down and wiggle it off with a bit of force.

The rod is disconnected from the back of the centre console near the drivers side. It's 1 clip which lifts up (Need a thin screwdriver for this).

There's a thread on how to install a stereo, it explains how to remove the heater in great detail and has pics too.

Good luck.

sino_2564

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais
ok thanks. i will have another go at it, if i have any troubles i will have a look for that other thread and see if that helps. cheers.