Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Comfort Shocks

INDACLUB

Black VX SS
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VX SS, White VQ 5ltr
Hi guys, my dad just bought a VS Series 3 Ute which is lowered on king springs all round. Not sure what king springs are on it. The ride is back breaking, just wanted to know what are some better comfort shocks he could use. Hes not after performance handling just a bit easier on the back.

Thanks

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Just put the stock suspension in then.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
pretty much you get to a height where no matter what you do, your ride is going to be **** :)

just replace it with shortened shocks i guess and if you really wanted to you could get shorter bumpstops (or cut em, your choice)

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
personally, i'd go fe2 springs (softer) and use a stiffer shock, should limit the amount of bounce in the extreme upper n lower limits whilst still providing a good comfort range.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
I know for fact that if its lowered it will be sitting on bump stops at the rear.

my mate has a vs III ute and its on SL's and there is no gap in the bump stop. maybe look at shorter one's?

Last edited:

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
ive got monroe gt sport shocks and they are pretty good, a lil bit expensive but worth it. i hardly feel many bumps, mines on sssl's aswell

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
pretty much you get to a height where no matter what you do, your ride is going to be **** :)

just replace it with shortened shocks i guess and if you really wanted to you could get shorter bumpstops (or cut em, your choice)

personally, i'd go fe2 springs (softer) and use a stiffer shock, should limit the amount of bounce in the extreme upper n lower limits whilst still providing a good comfort range.

He said he's not after performance? Why would you put shortened shocks or stiff springs in?

Just put the stock boat suspension in, it won't fly around corners, but it will be gentle on his old man's back.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
He said he's not after performance? Why would you put shortened shocks or stiff springs in?

Just put the stock boat suspension in, it won't fly around corners, but it will be gentle on his old man's back.

I said shortened shockers because he asked about shockers and if he is low enough for it to be rough, then its low enough for a spring to pop out so why replace a shocker with a stock one when a shortened one would be better for his application?
Also since he asked about comfortable shockers i thought i would add the point that his probably hitting bump stops which is probably the main reason his ride is ****, so shortened/cut bump stops would be better for ride comfort....

Add them two together and it would make a more comfortable ride (what he is trying to achieve)......

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Hi guys, my dad just bought a VS Series 3 Ute which is lowered on king springs all round. Not sure what king springs are on it. The ride is back breaking, just wanted to know what are some better comfort shocks he could use. Hes not after performance handling just a bit easier on the back.

Thanks

its lowered, and he didnt state that he wanted to change the suspension, he only wanted it to be more comfortable. hence asking for different shockers.

I said shortened shockers because he asked about shockers and if he is low enough for it to be rough, then its low enough for a spring to pop out so why replace a shocker with a stock one when a shortened one would be better for his application?
Also since he asked about comfortable shockers i thought i would add the point that his probably hitting bump stops which is probably the main reason his ride is ****, so shortened/cut bump stops would be better for ride comfort....

Add them two together and it would make a more comfortable ride (what he is trying to achieve)......

exactly :)

add that and stiffer shocks and it should increase the comfort level.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Fair enough :)

I still reckon barge suspension for comfort though.