Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coming Soon Car Audio Products...?

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN Berlina & 03 VY Berlina
Are there any sites or anything that lists future or coming soon models for some large car audio manufacturers?

Im about to get some amps but I don't wanna spend alot of money if a new model is coming out in a few months, and im looking at Soundstream and they've released a fair bit in recent months. New reference range and XXX-10,000D and then new look Human Reign Crypt which has now been followed by the Lil Wonder III series in a similar design. So im thinking Tarantula/Picasso/Xstream are next perhaps?

Does anyone know?

BeastVS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5L
Put a post up on MEA, You will get alot more info on there as many of the distributors are on that site

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
the distrobutors will not release info on to a car forums over an official press release!

besides whats the point for a distrobutor or manufacturer to tell you there is a new product coming, when they could clear out their stocks of the older gear to you first.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
That is true, but Soundstream seems to do it a fair bit. When they release their catalogue it normally has products not out yet and on their website they have press releases all the time for products still not out.

i.e. R1 is coming, LW III is coming etc.

Soundstream rep is in Adelaide next week so i'll just ask him for some info.

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
You guys do realise most of the generic products, like brands which are mass produced only in reality change COSMETICALLY, not actually internally.

Car audio is about performance not looks. I would look to a company which still handmakes and researches their products.

You will find these products dont change if ever.

Why fix something that aint broken.

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yes but if I can get the same performance in a better package... Then why not?

But also as an example, the new LW III amps have "updated circuitry that yields lower distortion (THD) for an overall cleaner output. The gain management stages have been altered to produce a higher Signal to Noise Ratio (SNR) with lower noise floor. The all new circuitry also raises the damping factor for better control, higher input impedance to avoid overworking your source unit which reduces level and lowers distortion even further. All of the new amplifiers are 10%-15% more efficient due the more intelligent power supply. This results in less current draw from your battery and less heat to dissipate via the heat sink chassis. Turn-On and Turn-Off pops are reduced due proper sequencing during start-up and shut-down. The crossover section is greatly improved for versatility and maintaining uniform slopes at all frequencies. The ground to audio ground isolation has also been improved for less engine noise problems. Rather than having speakers/subwoofers damaged by DC, a new protection circuit will automatically shut the amplifier down. We also added a direct input for the 5th channel for great control on the 5-channel model. The monoblock model has a new remote control that is much more linear throughout the adjustment range, rather than from the mid to max range only. Quite possibly the greatest improvement on all models is the higher quality MOSFET output transistors resulting in improved reliability. "

The rest of the gear I mentioned is also all new. The R1 subs, T5 woofers, new Reference series amps, RW woofers, XT series speakers, Xstream components, Picasso Limited series, XXX-10000D amp, Reference series components, the Human Reign Crypt amps have changed specs as well.

So they're not just cosmetic changes. Im mostly asking because im curious if there will be a Reference series released in the co-axials and the Picasso series amps havent been updated in a long time and im about to buy co-axials and a picasso monoblock amp. They may only be small gains or changes, but i'd rather get as much for my money as I possibly can. I see no harm in waiting a month or two to get a better product especially when the new Soundstream Reference gear that i've heard is very good stuff (reference splits, R1 subs).

Last edited:

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
yeah changed specs, they will be minor changes.
its like whats the difference between a vy ecotec and vs ecotec? SFA! just a ecyu remap and a few other litle things, still the same engine!

1991_Vn2nV

Reaction score
Members Ride
yeah changed specs, they will be minor changes.
its like whats the difference between a vy ecotec and vs ecotec? SFA! just a ecyu remap and a few other litle things, still the same engine!

I'd say its more like a VT compared to a VX :p Cosmetic changes as well.

But if the price is the same... What would you rather? A newer, better looking VX with some minor upgrades... Or a VT?

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
Id rather a hand built amp, which doesnt change looks :).

HotVS75

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 Series 2 VS Calais
Oh and untill someone does a proper test on those amps, dont beleive whats written on the box.