Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commdore VB front shocks

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yea VB-VL are arm mount. People like to use the arm mount links in the VP-VN in track cars because it unloads the steering. There are kits for VR-VS to mount to the arm I can't remember if you can get the kits for VT-VZ, but I used the VR kit once before it really makes the steering lighter would be good for using a manual rack in the later cars.

People like using the strut mount link pins in track cars, more than arm mount ones...I used to swap out early struts for VN/VP struts reguarly for speedway guys, because they used the VN/VP link pins. They absolutely hated the arm mount link pins

Would be interesting to hear @Smitty thoughts with his VK race car and the style he uses

As for a kit to mount the link pins in the arm for VR/VS, I'd like to see the kit....VR/VS don't have a hole in the arm to bolt the link pin through, so seeing how they bolt up would be interesting

Last edited:

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
People like using the strut mount link pins in track cars, more than arm mount ones...I used to swap out early struts for VN/VP struts reguarly for speedway guys, because they used the VN/VP link pins. They absolutely hated the arm mount link pins

Would be interesting to hear @Smitty thoughts with his VK race car and the style he uses

As for a kit to mount the link pins in the arm for VR/VS, I'd like to see the kit....VR/VS don't have a hole in the arm to bolt the link pin through, so seeing how they bolt up would be interesting

The VR-VS kit has u-bolts the wrap around the arm and a plate to mount the link. I have them on my VR. It's also why the AU falcon was perferd in the 6cyl sedan cup because it's links mount to the LCA.