Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commododor sounds like a 4wd

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
hi ppl my car has started to make a zoom in noise when im coastin sounds much like a 4wd landcruiser iv had wheel aliment balance and still ther im thinking it could be wheel bearings or the diff any ideas would be a help
thanks

bummer

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt acclaim
it may be your tyres

Scottie666

Scottie
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt Acclaim, 1988 Vl Comm,2007 VE BERLINA
my vt commodore

hey guy's well i own a 1997 vt commodore 3.8 litre it chuggs at certain revs and now has a noise coming from the internal, i replaced the plugs and i have put new ignition leads on and it is running like a shitter, only under load. once it starts to pick up it runs perfect but then once i flatten it it splutters and then stops doing it, any suggestions. there is no water in the oil or vice verser so it can't be getting into the plugs to do this. i'm stumped, any suggestions would be great

:bang::bang:

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
Does the sound change when its underload? Generally a diff noise will be most evedent around 80 - 100kph when off load.

Scottie666

Scottie
Reaction score
Members Ride
nah mate it isn't coming from the rear it is an internal engine noise when at idle.

seannatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLe/VR Wagon
mate i am talking to the guy who started this post. You cant hijack someone elses post with your stories...

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
hi ppl my car has started to make a zoom in noise when im coastin sounds much like a 4wd landcruiser iv had wheel aliment balance and still ther im thinking it could be wheel bearings or the diff any ideas would be a help
thanks

Well ,diff noise will go up or down with the speed.Easy to pick up.

Bearing noise too but,it'll be sort of stronger then the diff,something between grounding and winding ,and if u try to make a hard left or right hand turns it will scream.

If its a tyre noise (hope they'r not Maxxis) ,it will show up more when u slowing down from over 80-90klms.

Good Luck.

6-PAC-ATTACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT EX S1 3.8L
thanks for your help guys ill top up the diff oil and try to pinpoint it and get back to you by the way iv got bridgstone g grid mark2 tyers but no noise untill now so i dont think its them. thanks again

Scottie666

Scottie
Reaction score
Members Ride
i'd be checking your rear wheel bearings mate, my right hand rear one was totaly gone. when i was drving the noise was disgusting, it sounds like something rubbing. sends vibration through the whole car. by the way sorry for stealing your thread :)