Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore breaks cover

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Every new car these days looks the same, interior of the latest falcons commodores even camrys etc are all identical. Now all the exterior of the cars are all trending to the same "european" styling. Where's the originality gone? I miss the good old days when a car was more than just a car.

Hahaha - People have been saying that for near 30 years. But really, when you look at every era since the start of car production, styling themes have prevailed. Cars of the 40's are un mistakable, as are the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's etc, nomatter who was the manufacturer.

Reaper

spyman03

Reaction score
Members Ride
wh2 carprice v8,statesman v8,TS turbo
Guys it's the real deal
My images will be out in motor in coming days that will show the dash as well
When released ill post a close up of the noise for you

Regards spyman

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Hahaha - People have been saying that for near 30 years. But really, when you look at every era since the start of car production, styling themes have prevailed. Cars of the 40's are un mistakable, as are the 50's, 60's 70's and 80's etc, nomatter who was the manufacturer.

Reaper

Unless you count the cherry vs matiz, Honda crv vs laibao srv, Mercedes c class vs geely merrie 300 or Toyota rav4 vs cherry j11 (rear) ... Just as examples ... There has been a very similar bunch of cars - more so than other generations. (the ford focus - european - has caused a number of common similar designs)

I did work in the car industry a number of years ago as an analyst so understand what trends prevailed etc...

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
More speculation:

540476_352183071503602_204021419653102_903803_907627817_n.jpg

autoaction.jpg

^^^ Not sure about the front/rear but I like the wheels :)

Reaper

social

Ute Finatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE Thunder
fat Mitsubishi lancer rear end much? looks like a Camry and Cruze had a baby.. and i was hoping for one damn sexy looking makeover :(

Thank god i have a vz. Sexiest model ever :D

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Looks like camry cross Camaro in the arse and merc cross wh stato in the front with ford bonnet

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I doubt that is accurate so far as the rear end is concerned. I can't see Holden going to the expense of complete new side pressings to accommodate redesigned tail-lights.

And the front end is bloody hideous.

Another wank story.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I doubt that is accurate so far as the rear end is concerned. I can't see Holden going to the expense of complete new side pressings to accommodate redesigned tail-lights.

And the front end is bloody hideous.

Another wank story.

Well they quite clearly came off the Malibu, so who knows :p

As usual it's a crappy photoshop I pray does not come to be reality.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
And i present to you the 'Cruzadore' .... why oh why

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Interesting read... but as for looks, I'll wait until I see one that isn't photoshopped or camouflaged. Wheels' track record is pretty ordinary. Have to say though, I won't be too upset if that ends up being close to how the rear looks - it's a big garish but the lack of a big wing is encouraging. And integrated aerial would be nice though, rather than a shark fin.

I would have liked to see them do more in the way of weight saving. 38kg still does not make it a light weight.

Looking forward to interior shots... not holding my breath though for colour matching from plastic to metal - or for brakes appropriate for the car (HSV options excluded)