Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore breaks cover

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
The SSZ was a limited production marketing package designed to shift cars in a model that was due to be superseded. It wasn't intended to be seen as a special performance model. As it sold out pretty smartly and is a package that is deemed desirable on the used car market by performance-minded members on this forum, I can't see that it was a "fail".

I agree that it is definitely a nice car, but if they had of given it the L76 it would have been the best of the Z Series Commodores. That's the only reason I didn't buy one.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Why would they release an E Series SSZ? Shouldn't it be the SSE?

The last SSZ was a fail because it didn't get the L76.

Probably the for the same reasons they released an e series thunder, or e series international, or e series lumina.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Holden are releasing a 'new model' in about six weeks an SSZ. That's all I I know, no details on features.

Ahh ok - yeah I get you. Sorry - thought you meant like a Series III. A "runout special" should be expected I suppose. They have plenty of nameplates floating around that they have used for short runs from time to time. I quite liked the old "Internationals". Loved the VX smoke blue ones they had back in the day :)

Why would they release an E Series SSZ? Shouldn't it be the SSE?

The last SSZ was a fail because it didn't get the L76.

The SSZ was a limited production marketing package designed to shift cars in a model that was due to be superseded. It wasn't intended to be seen as a special performance model. As it sold out pretty smartly and is a package that is deemed desirable on the used car market by performance-minded members on this forum, I can't see that it was a "fail".

Spot on. My wife drives a SVZ wagon which was essentially the same thing - specced to shift cars at the end of the model life.

Reaper

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I quite liked the old "Internationals". Loved the VX smoke blue ones they had back in the day :)

I'm keen on the WH Statesman (?) International

wh-staint01.jpg

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Holden are releasing a 'new model' in about six weeks an SSZ. That's all I I know, no details on features.

No... no they are not. Mainly because they have used the SSZ badge already.. on the VZ... which was what the SSZ badge was created for.

They will however be releasing a "special" version of the VE's to run out the VE's the same as they did when they brought out the ssz to run out the 5.7L VZ's.

Last edited:

tim85

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09.5 60th Anniversary LPG Sedan
The whole range is coming out as a 'Z series'. The cars are already in production with added features and a new colour (alchemy burgundy) available. It is all part of the MY12.5 updates, in preparation to run-out VE.

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
No... no they are not. Mainly because they have used the SSZ badge already.. on the VZ... which was what the SSZ badge was created for.

They will however be releasing a "special" version of the VE's to run out the VE's the same as they did when they brought out the ssz to run out the 5.7L VZ's.

Make sure you book mark your post so you can come back and re live it when the z series is released

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Make sure you book mark your post so you can come back and re live it when the z series is released

Happy to be proved wrong. But I don't see the SSZ badge being brought back nor the term "Z-Series".

Guess we'll see in 6 weeks. :)