Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore breaks cover

lease1

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Ute
Happy to be proved wrong. But I don't see the SSZ badge being brought back nor the term "Z-Series".

Guess we'll see in 6 weeks. :)

Why? Because they have used that badge already? What about thunder, or international or lumina? They used those before as well on previous generation cars

aaronevolution

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
TURISMO VZ SS 6.0
Why? Because they have used that badge already? What about thunder, or international or lumina? They used those before as well on previous generation cars

Seeing as though we are the in E Series 2, and are about to go into F Series, and Z Series ended in 2007, no, it will not be called an SSZ, but it will be an SSZ type package as previously stated.

Maybe they will call it the Esteem just to #### with our minds.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L

No... because the SSZ was for the VZ series and "Z-Series" was used by HSV for thir VZ based vehicles.

SSZ is not a generic badge like the international, thunder or clubsport for that matter. It was specifically brought out for the VZ range, thus my reluctance to accept they would re-vive it for the VE vehicles given there is no association with the letter Z in that range.

Unless they are bringing it back as hat tip to the Zeta platform, which I find equally unlikely since the VF is still Zeta.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
No... because the SSZ was for the VZ series and "Z-Series" was used by HSV for thir VZ based vehicles.

SSZ is not a generic badge like the international, thunder or clubsport for that matter. It was specifically brought out for the VZ range, thus my reluctance to accept they would re-vive it for the VE vehicles given there is no association with the letter Z in that range.

Unless they are bringing it back as hat tip to the Zeta platform, which I find equally unlikely since the VF is still Zeta.

VF is on Zeta II actually. ;)

Reaper

tim85

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09.5 60th Anniversary LPG Sedan
There is the following 'Z Series' models coming out this month and will continue on until VF:

Omega (or simply Commodore Z Series)
SV6 Z Series (Sedan, Wagon and Ute)
SS Z Series (Sedan, Wagon and Ute)
SSV Z Series (Sedan, Wagon and Ute).

There is a new colour called Alchemy Burgundy and all the models will be coming with many extras in order to create value during the run-out phase.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
Lol,sometimes people should shut their mouths until they know their facts.
Reminds me of the "never going to be a series 2 VE"comment.