Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore Coupe concept

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I'll start off with 2 questions - I don't have a VT or a Monaro, just out of curiosity I wonder if a VT garnish would fit a Monaro boot? I already assume the lights would after modifying the connectors. I've always dreamed of a Commodore Coupe concept (I'm a bit of a dreamer lol)... also does anyone know if it's been done besides the original hand built model made by Holdens (by an enthusiast etc.)?

I remember STREET, the Street Commodores Monaro had a VY front end, that was pretty cool (anyone have pictures?).

In the attached pictures imagine if the production model looked like that sketch... I love that picture and thought.

Attachments

• Coupe_026.jpg
    Coupe_026.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 1,057
  • Coupe_027.jpg
    Coupe_027.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 3,236
  • Coupe_032.jpg
    Coupe_032.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 4,058
  • Coupe_035.jpg
    Coupe_035.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 896

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
I can't imagine it being that hard...it'd be the same as putting a VT garnish on a VX...you'd have to modify some wiring (IIRC the VT garnish has a light in it, whereas the VX doesn't, or something like that), but other than that it should be pretty straightforward.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I just think it's awesome, making a production Monaro like the first ever (new series) - and it's the exact opposite of what people do with their Commodores which is so common there's probably more Monaro tail lights on Commodores than actual Monaros.

I don't think it would be very popular though since most people wouldn't dare modify their original Monaro (rightly so), if I did this I'd make sure to retain all of the existing Monaro parts.

It'd be relatively cheap versus putting the Monaro front end on a Commodore too

Attachments

• Coupe_025.jpg
    Coupe_025.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 8,694

Troy5L

building a lemon
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gu patrol td42
yeh street had a vy front end conversion, from a wreckd vy...

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
it does look good, and thats one change i've never seen done before.

i believe the vt boot and monaro boot is different, if they're the same, whack on a vt boot on the monaro n away you go. if only it was that simple

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega

i believe the vt boot and monaro boot is different, if they're the same, whack on a vt boot on the monaro n away you go. if only it was that simple

I think the VT boot is shorter than the Monaro's boot, and more round which is why it's possible to instantly identify a Monaro from a VT with the lights. I found a picture of STREET!

EDIT: And I found one with a Calais garnish/lights... loving it

Attachments

• STREET1280.jpg
    STREET1280.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5,778
  • IMG_0051-800x600.jpg
    IMG_0051-800x600.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 4,621

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626

You're right, the Monaro boot lid has a lip on it, whereas the VT boot lid is round. Though that shouldn't prevent you from sticking a VT garnish on it...the mounting points and stuff should be pretty much the same.

PIMPIN

The Lurker
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII Calais 3.8 WHII Statesman LS1