Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

commodore idling

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
gday guys. Seem to have gotten my vx all good now. its had a manifold gasket leak then a belt ripped off and destroyed the CAS. Now while the car is pretty good now when idling I can feel the engine through the seats it dosent feel as smooth as it should. Are the ecotec engines smooth idlers from factory? I'v replaced plugs,leads all filters, throttle body has been cleaned out took it off car to clean it but did not dismantle it, Do you think my IAC vavle may be dirty? Is it just a matter of unscrewing it from the throttle body? and cleaning it and its passage with throttle body cleaner?
thanks

Last edited:

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V
The ecotecs idle pretty rough, well mine does anyways, nearly all holden engines have a rough idle.

Simonn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx S pack m5
ok thanks, I wanna clean out my IAC valve just for peace of mind. It just just as simple as unscrewing it from the throttle body cleaning it and its passage then putting it back on? Iv also heard to reset them you need to hold the car ate 3000rpm or something is this also true?
thanks

bluvn

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn and vx
Hey mate, yeah my vx runs a little rough like most V6's i've driven but not as bad as my vn.
Check for vacuum leaks, just a while ago my vx was running pretty rough and i found a leak in a vac hose at top passenger side of engine. not sure what the hose was for but it ran to the other side of the engine somewhere. When i fixed it, it was running like new.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
ok thanks, I wanna clean out my IAC valve just for peace of mind. It just just as simple as unscrewing it from the throttle body cleaning it and its passage then putting it back on? Iv also heard to reset them you need to hold the car ate 3000rpm or something is this also true?
thanks

nah man when i did mine i just the whole tb off got some nulon carby cleaner and sprayed and wiped everything out til it was 100% clean put it back on and worked fine :thumbsup:

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
They aren't the smoothest idling engine, and a bit of wobble is normal. New engine mounts usually help a lot in an older car, what you're probably feeling is just more vibration being transmitted to the chassis from via the old mounts.