Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore LT Sportwagon 2.0T Drive

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
Tezza……’he talked about setting the cruise control was not good’
Me …....‘Cruise control was fiddly to activate and reset. Whether it was a car problem, or a thumb problem, I don’t know.’
Drive a Falcon or Territory to see how easy cruise control should be activated.

The two worst cars for cruise control I've driven - AU Falcon and Audi B8 S4. Both are situated on a third column stalk which is either located too high so you cannot see it behind the wiper stalk or steering wheel spokes (also making it difficult to reach), or too low so you keep banging the set button with your left knee.

The best? Anything with decent buttons you can press with your thumbs without having to take your hands off the wheel.

StrayKiwi

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY18 ZB VXR
No I mean like this:

Cruise-control.jpg

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
Look it takes time out with a new car to get accustomed to a car. But then you get into the groove unless it is distamracting. It's at your fingertips on my ZB and it is very good To fiddle ariund on a single trio while driving the car for the first time when it was also wet a lot ( you said) is no time to maje an assessment. It's just not.
This is my last post as you have no idea about utilising safety provided .. the attitude is the problem unfortunately .. you won't accept anything that you don't like - that's foolish when it comes to safety And to can my comment about starting my car on 40+ for the few times I might do it and I never did it for 15 minutes, is stupid. It's there! it is a safety and health issue and it is also brilliant if you are not and tired. Embrace and promote, and research. I must end again by saying that the ZB Commodore 4 cylinder 2 litre turbo petrol is a brilliant car with excellent features even at the entry level , the LT model.
And to dismiss the professional reviewers and fanging the car force few hours and handing vack to the manufacturer is an arrogant disservice to them. Your pathetic uninformed and un researched comments create impressions in others when they are false . If you had actually tried and played with the Android Auto to say map the journey using voiceand learn how to make calls by voice woukd have done some justice If you had done this you wiukd have found that voice instructions for destination and voice for calls and texts could be made without touching the phone But you sewed a negative view of many things. As I said the info tech in the car is PERFECT. So you don't need to read the screen. Alk of this creates in some people's minds a reaction to dismiss the car very very unfairly. I know one other owner who also regards the car as outstanding.. the lift back opening to the boot makes access very much better. It is much better

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I don't like a lot of those fancy gizmos, they annoy me and can be distracting and turn many off when I take the new fancy rentals. Fancy gizmos don't make up for poor quality drivers but the way they are promoted it would seem stepping into a car with lane assist and crash warning now makes a poor driver invincible, god help us all.

I take what car reviewers say with a grain of salt, they get paid a decent wage to say things about cars, it's very rare to have a reviewer trash a car, I wonder why (unless your name is Jeremy Clarkson)?

Hmmm, sounding more and more like a Holden stooge...

Once again, your opinion is just that, your opinion. It is NOT any more valid than other opinions from other users good or bad.
Mine opinions are not thst. The safety features I enunciated speak for themselves My opinions are not opinions when it comes to details. I detailed the info system and how I got it to work entirely by voice. It took me some time but I forgot right as anyone can do. That is just one example of FACT not opinion, so talk denying rot despite facts. You wont admit a thing. I cane onto this site to promote thus car, a car I know. If in some way I have encouraged potential buyers to consider the ZB petrol turbo petrol, I am happy and in the process exposed poor attitudes and rubbish comments if naysayers whuch I have exposed , then good.

wetwork65

A wet business
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Wagon & VF SV6 Wagon
My eyes are archeing and my head hertz from these 2 last posts.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Mine opinions are not thst. The safety features I enunciated speak for themselves My opinions are not opinions when it comes to details. I detailed the info system and how I got it to work entirely by voice. It took me some time but I forgot right as anyone can do. That is just one example of FACT not opinion, so talk denying rot despite facts. You wont admit a thing. I cane onto this site to promote thus car, a car I know. If in some way I have encouraged potential buyers to consider the ZB petrol turbo petrol, I am happy and in the process exposed poor attitudes and rubbish comments if naysayers whuch I have exposed , then good.

Maybe you should spend some time reviewing what I have said about the ZB, not just little tid bits here and there...

But to clarify, I've not said the ZB is a bad car, what I've said is the ZB is not a Commodore as we know it to be (Aussie built/designed, med/large sedan, RWD with V6/V8 option etc). What I have said and keep saying is that gizmos don't make a car, gizmos don't make up for bad drivers regardless of the brand/model. Do they help people, sure they do but that does not change the fact that they are bad drivers making poor decisions. Relying on a gizmo to make you a good driver is a poor decision. The ZB does not interest me as it's not the type of vehicle I like to drive, I like RWD (it's the hoon in me :D).

I'm really glad you got your satnav/infotainment system working by voice command, at least I'll know you won't be distracted by that whilst you are driving. I don't need satnav as I can figure out where I'm going most of the time without needing to reference a map every few km to make sure I'm still heading on the right path. All I need is a decent sound system, the open road and some grunt under my right foot and I'm a happy camper.

Just to make a point/example, here in NZ we have a lot of narrow, winding roads. The last rental I had had the lane assist function/warning. On some roads, especially when there are large trucks coming the opposite way you need to make sure you keep left. When doing this the bloody lane assist warning keeps going off, I know where the road is and there was a bloody good reason why I was where I was so to me this function is just a bloody nuisance (maybe the crash warning would be less intrusive if I was to keep right and get closer to those B trains coming in the opposite direction at 100km/h?).

But thanks for the exposure... :eek:

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I'm kinda sad that a Holden stooge who is sent to promote a vehicle can't even spell basic words or worse, the infotainment system doesn't have a spell check function :(

Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe you should spend some time reviewing what I have said about the ZB, not just little tid bits here and there...

But to clarify, I've not said the ZB is a bad car, what I've said is the ZB is not a Commodore as we know it to be (Aussie built/designed, med/large sedan, RWD with V6/V8 option etc). What I have said and keep saying is that gizmos don't make a car, gizmos don't make up for bad drivers regardless of the brand/model. Do they help people, sure they do but that does not change the fact that they are bad drivers making poor decisions. Relying on a gizmo to make you a good driver is a poor decision. The ZB does not interest me as it's not the type of vehicle I like to drive, I like RWD (it's the hoon in me :D).

I'm really glad you got your satnav/infotainment system working by voice command, at least I'll know you won't be distracted by that whilst you are driving. I don't need satnav as I can figure out where I'm going most of the time without needing to reference a map every few km to make sure I'm still heading on the right path. All I need is a decent sound system, the open road and some grunt under my right foot and I'm a happy camper.

Just to make a point/example, here in NZ we have a lot of narrow, winding roads. The last rental I had had the lane assist function/warning. On some roads, especially when there are large trucks coming the opposite way you need to make sure you keep left. When doing this the bloody lane assist warning keeps going off, I know where the road is and there was a bloody good reason why I was where I was so to me this function is just a bloody nuisance (maybe the crash warning would be less intrusive if I was to keep right and get closer to those B trains coming in the opposite direction at 100km/h?).

But thanks for the exposure... :eek:
I'm kinda sad that a Holden stooge who is sent to promote a vehicle can't even spell basic words or worse, the infotainment system doesn't have a spell check function :(
good on ya for finding other faults. you are a hero

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm no stooge .. I bought the car from John Duncan at Patterson Cheney Vermont. Call him