Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore LT Sportwagon 2.0T Drive

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
good on ya for finding other faults. you are a hero
The reality is that you appear not to comprehend and wont
accept , is that many drivers go off the road and die for reasons that are not their fault.. they get sick or have a heart turn , or partially fall asleep and .. they are not bad drivers. Anything that can avoid accidents or save lives is wirth. they are not gizmos .. go and ask traffic safety authorities... Unfortunately you are a luddite and wont accept change for the good.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'm kinda sad that a Holden stooge who is sent to promote a vehicle can't even spell basic words or worse, the infotainment system doesn't have a spell check function :(
oh dont get sad . just come into the 21st century . I know what the Android Auto system is very well we all know I know that. just sniping .

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe you should spend some time reviewing what I have said about the ZB, not just little tid bits here and there...

But to clarify, I've not said the ZB is a bad car, what I've said is the ZB is not a Commodore as we know it to be (Aussie built/designed, med/large sedan, RWD with V6/V8 option etc). What I have said and keep saying is that gizmos don't make a car, gizmos don't make up for bad drivers regardless of the brand/model. Do they help people, sure they do but that does not change the fact that they are bad drivers making poor decisions. Relying on a gizmo to make you a good driver is a poor decision. The ZB does not interest me as it's not the type of vehicle I like to drive, I like RWD (it's the hoon in me :D).

I'm really glad you got your satnav/infotainment system working by voice command, at least I'll know you won't be distracted by that whilst you are driving. I don't need satnav as I can figure out where I'm going most of the time without needing to reference a map every few km to make sure I'm still heading on the right path. All I need is a decent sound system, the open road and some grunt under my right foot and I'm a happy camper.

Just to make a point/example, here in NZ we have a lot of narrow, winding roads. The last rental I had had the lane assist function/warning. On some roads, especially when there are large trucks coming the opposite way you need to make sure you keep left. When doing this the bloody lane assist warning keeps going off, I know where the road is and there was a bloody good reason why I was where I was so to me this function is just a bloody nuisance (maybe the crash warning would be less intrusive if I was to keep right and get closer to those B trains coming in the opposite direction at 100km/h?).

But thanks for the exposure... :eek:
what errant nonsense . you turned the lane warning off in the loan journey. don't give me other trash.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
what errant nonsense . you turned the lane warning off in the loan journey. don't give me other trash.
arrant is the word not errant .. the phone changed it from what I wrote

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Tezza is starting to sound like a previous one eyed, argumentative tosser that used to be a member

Pirate 1.jpg

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

That's right, I turned it off when it started to bother me, took a few minutes off my life I'll never get back....

The reality is that you appear not to comprehend and wont
accept , is that many drivers go off the road and die for reasons that are not their fault.. they get sick or have a heart turn , or partially fall asleep and .. they are not bad drivers. Anything that can avoid accidents or save lives is wirth. they are not gizmos .. go and ask traffic safety authorities... Unfortunately you are a luddite and wont accept change for the good.

So bad drivers making poor decisions (driving tired) or a severe medical event where those driver aids will most likely make zero difference, great examples.

What scared me most on the road or drivers that are distracted, drivers who don't go with the flow of traffic, red light runners, drivers using illicit substances. These are the most likely reason I will die on our roads, driver aids will not save me from these idiots.

Last edited:

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Tezza is starting to sound like a previous one eyed, argumentative tosser that used to be a member

View attachment 205390
Never been a member until now . As I said I came on to promote the car because it's so good. Holden has not spent any tine in a program to promote the car due to baggage..and stupid obsession with suv where many many don't go off the bitumen . I wrote to CEO Buttner, tried to reach Kristian Acquilina but they would not talk to me, yet I had a wonderful good news story about the Commodore 4 cylinder 2 litre petrol turbo, and would offer my help as a customer. It was clear that Holden could not create credibility for a Commodore marketing campaign from within.. and that both consultants and wasteful tv ads would do little It was about 1 thing.. the widget.. the widget was/is good, very good. Sure you are not going to tow a float with 2 horses but this a great saloon car, a magnificent saloon car .. and entry level it us brilliant.. And yes it us a 4 cylinder. Holden have never ever had one Now they have a beauty. a real beauty.. and at a beauty price You gotta get people to drive it. that is the focus .. I tried my best. All I am doing here is shouting at the roof tops to rave about it in the hope some people might sit up and not listen to the critics,But as anyone knows many old hands on sites like this come in for the kill.. won't accept perhaps that it us a brilliant car. They fight .. they say its your opinion only when you detail facts. Sad but Holden have done zip yet Buttner is on the record mire than once in saying Commodore is a central part of its plans. He does not have much say and a limited budget.. 191kw 350nm of torque, a fabulous power to weight car engineered and built in Germany ( engine may be the exception), superbly quick, superbly agile, superbly solid on the road, the Infotainment system can be commanded by voice perfectly after trying. It's a pleasure to drive for average sized people. Yet Holden won't promote it. SUV is the word
Go and drive the car

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
That's right, I turned it off when it started to bother me, took a few minutes off my life I'll never get back....

So bad drivers making poor decisions (driving tired) or a severe medical event where those driver aids will most likely make zero difference, great examples.

What scared me most on the road or drivers that are distracted, drivers who don't go with the flow of traffic, red light runners, drivers using illicit substances. These are the most likely reason I will die on our roads, driver aids will not save me from these idiots.
They add to safety. The maniacs will kill us yes. But these safety things are by any measure very good.