Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore nameplate to remain in Holden lineup

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
Thanks for the link PIR4TE. My submitted comments FWIW :-

"Notwithstanding all of the electronic wizardry, any new vehicle bearing the name Commodore MUST be RWD and have a V8 option. Anything less is simply denigrating the nameplate. The new Commodore should also be less obese looking than the current model with a more streamlined design."

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl

"Notwithstanding all of the electronic wizardry, any new vehicle bearing the name Commodore MUST be RWD and have a V8 option. Anything less is simply denigrating the nameplate. The new Commodore should also be less obese looking than the current model with a more streamlined design."

+1 good stuff. I've started a poll, everyone's opinion counts and is welcome :yarr:

Vector

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV E3 R8

"Notwithstanding all of the electronic wizardry, any new vehicle bearing the name Commodore MUST be RWD and have a V8 option. "

I didn't keep a copy of my comments but its scary how close that is to my first sentence, I added manual availability to that list as they seem to be taking it off certain models.

I'm with Raj though, it will fall on deaf ears, things as fundamental as rear drive and V8 availability are well beyond Holden's ability to control these days I would think, but if you want the the MyLink to have some apps well your in for a nice surprise.................

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Look at what others in the large car segment are doing, BMW, Mercedes, VW - etc. Focus on what they do and one up them if you can.

Focus on quality and desirability - people have to WANT a GM-H car, especially your current and maybe past buyers. What did people not like about previous models - change that.

And try to figure out why previous buyers are going across to the competition, what is it they want (or think they want) now?

Shake the bogan image - and that unfortunately is going to be hard, but they've already started that. Keep it up.

OH, and FFS if there is an issue with something you are re-using from the previous model FIX IT!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Shake the bogan image - and that unfortunately is going to be hard, but they've already started that. Keep it up.

opel-monza-concept-287414-1.jpg

Meh, needs a Chev badge and dished Simmons.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Meh I would like to see them move towards smarter technology for Australia. Call me biased, etc but drop the RWD 12lt V8 dinosaur technology and move to an AWD setup with an E85 compatible 6cyl turbo as the performance option.
Let the commodore name die strong, not some watered down FWD 4 cyl rubbish.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Meh I would like to see them move towards smarter technology for Australia. Call me biased, etc but drop the RWD 12lt V8 dinosaur technology and move to an AWD setup with an E85 compatible 6cyl turbo as the performance option.
Let the commodore name die strong, not some watered down FWD 4 cyl rubbish.

yeah because that worked so well for Ford's sales figures....

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
yeah because that worked so well for Ford's sales figures....
Never mentioned ford, lots of companies are moving toward smarter technology and away from the 'let's make it bigger' mentality.