Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore spanner sizes

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
22mm does not fit. 24mm and 15/16 are very very close but not exactly the same. I believe the 15/16 fits the nut better but wish to know the actual fitted size.
If it is 15/16 , what other nuts on the Commodore are imperial, that's what bothers me
I just checked it out, 24mm would work but 15/16 is a snugger fit.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
The issue is, you buy 1 lot of spanners for the car, then go to do another job with the car and find you don't have the size....So put the car back together and go source the correct size.....This can happen when parts have already been replaced and you find the spanner you used to undo the part doesn't do the part back up again....A good example is the strut top....One brand may have a 24MM nut, whilst the next brand has a 15/16th nut.

The you have the situation of, when you put something on the car, you don't have the right spanner for the job...Then oh dear, off to the local tool shop to find the correct spanner.

8mm is used on the bolt, that adjust the strut at the stub axle....15MM is the rear brake caliper bolt, that flips the top away from the main body....

Do yourself a favour and price up tool kits and save the spon doolies and get the kit....You'll be happier in the long run

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
Yeah I am happy getting a kit but not two kits and not 2 half assed kits with holes and not 1 massive bank breaker kit with everything. :)
I'm probably gonna get metric kit 16 or so piece. Then try to ascertain when I might need an AF

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
You can buy a decent kit, with array of tools for under $1,000....Has both A/F, metric spanners and sockets, allen keys, hammer, pliers of all sorts, screw drivers and maybe a few other things....Not a bank breaker in my books.

IMA I am a tight ass with money....8 cars ain't cheap to maintain :)

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
lol. I have sockets, allen keys and hammers and a grand aint going to be even considered
For some reason I have FA spanners or the ones I have are rusted.... that's it, I left them out in the rain too often.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
For some reason I have FA spanners or the ones I have are rusted.... that's it, I left them out in the rain too often.

Explains why you won't consider spending a grand....

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Most TTI stuff is ok. Even some cheap spanners are ok if you find the right ones.