Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore SVZ Special Edition

darksidewa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ
It's actually a sweet ride.. just a few points though.
1: the hand brake and gear knob are satin finished, yet the steering wheel isnt, nor are the door vents or door handles..
2: the audio system is a bit weak, 6 speaker. 2 tweeters in dash, 4 speakers in door pods (2 front & 2 rear). They should have used the parcel shelf.
3: no kick plate under the glove box to protect the air box and harness. (apparently from what i have seen, no current vz commy has this :supersad: )
4: no glove box lighting yet the holes are there and open (not plugged)

still, it's a nice car for a six.. have already ordered all the satin finish items, rear parcel shelf from a calais and sv6/8 tail lights. The back needs something to distinguish it from an exec.. more than just the bumper and exhaust tip. The sides look a little plain with no badging, strips or contrasted colours.

It has calais sports suspension which makes it a tight car for turns. Mind you I have only had the car for 5 days so can't really give much of a performance briefing..

Colors are limited (as per GMH website).
Upgrade to full leather trim is as per the exec even though its partial leather anyway. The cloth inserts actually suit the leather so its a reasonable trade off.

at 32990 inc all charges and on road costs.. it rips the bottom out of the standard exec which is book price 34700 with out air or stacker or power rear windows.

and.. as for those black strips on the roof?
You be damn glad they are there if you ever need your roof replaced... out with the air chisel and away it goes. You end up with a much better roof replacement job in a far quicker time.

cheers ;)

C

CaptainCompare

Just bought mine

Can't wait to pick him up. Impulse Blue like the pics. Shame I couldn't get it with manual transmission.

At least now I can send sms while taking corners.

blackahcdx

Reaction score
Thumpin said:
Are they! Maybe I'm thinking of anther type of light. What type of headlight is this?

They are the Projector headlights that the calais gets

MY_VZSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SS Devil Yellow
I have one on order also. It has been ordered since the 5th May. It is Phantom Black with HBD L series wheels. When I ordered it, I was told there was one for immediate delivery. Then I was told, sorry a mistake has been made, it will be 4 weeks. The 4 weeks turned into the 25th June. Now I'm told it will be the 27th July.:bang:
I have been so looking forward to getting this car, but now all this waiting is just really pi$$ing me off! I just wish Holden would get thier act together.
I was told my wait was due to the fact that they are ramping down production of the VZ and are tooling up for the VE. The way it is going, the VEs will be on the showroom floor before I get my SVZ.
Has any one else had to wait for their car?

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
darksidewa said:
have already ordered all the satin finish items, rear parcel shelf from a calais and sv6/8 tail lights. The back needs something to distinguish it from an exec.. more than just the bumper and exhaust tip. The sides look a little plain with no badging, strips or contrasted colours.

good choice with the sv6/8 tail lights - they will make it look heaps better. the standard lights dont go with the spoiler at all. although, are they the same size? look at the tail lights on the svz and the sv6 and the sv6 lights look to be a bit smaller. it looks to me like there is a larger space between the bottom of the light and the groove in the rear bumper on the sv6, if you get what i mean (i'll attach some pics).

by the way, what does a calais rear parcel shelf have different?

Attachments

• sv6.jpg
    sv6.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 657
  • svz.jpg
    svz.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 634

blackahcdx

Reaction score
size of the lights is the same, its just the internals that change

BTW, all SVZ sedans are sold, only a few wagons left