Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore Ute Drivers' Next Vehicle?

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Hopefully there are still quite a few years before replacing my work ute. Would like to know what's your next vehicle to replace it? My first ute was a second hand 2wd Ford Courier, then a new 4wd Ford Courier, a 4 wd V6 Mazda Bravo, a Ford Falcon Turbo Ute, a VF1 SSV ute to the current VF2 Redline ute. Hard to go back to the "Pick up" ute but guess we have no choice now. Quite like the upcoming Ford Ranger Raptor otherwise it would be VW V6 Amarok for me. What's yours?

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If I was in that market , I'd get the Colorado or the Isuzu D-Max .

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
70 Series gxl, double cab in Vintage gold.

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
For me it would all come down to where I was living & what I was doing at the time.
I live in Darwin and the "Outback" (where there's no bastard around for miles) isn't too far out of town, so it would definitely be a Landcruiser. Had my last Cruiser ute for 14 years and it had a bloody hard life while I owned it, but that thing went everywhere I wanted it to and it always got me home again without any issues......Well except for a few shredded tyres anyway :)
If I was living in a more heavily populated area, it would be a twin cab Hilux. It would be more functional for me as a daily driver and still be a great reliable weekend 4wd.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
keep it forever.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
of all the dual cabs i see on the road i do like the ranger widetrak

KT11H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Ute
Thanks guys, it is hard to replace Commodore ute in suburban building sites where 4wd isn't really needed but power is essential to get ahead in the traffic. A replacement vehicle has to be fun and safe to drive, Toyota/D Max are reliable but pretty boring, Ford Wild Track looks tough but not really for city driving. In fact all those with ladder frame and leaf spring rear suspension aren't too smart in the wet nor comfortable. Love to keep my Commodore ute forever but nothing last forever as sometimes accident happens. Just hope that when the time comes, there are similar vehicles available as the current Commodore ute.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..

Rapom1

Reaction score
Members Ride
Oct 2017 sv6 wagon white
Don’t worry when yours is all worn out and sitting on the pile at Sims metal there will be other commodore utes that owners have kept as low km, garaged and pampered. Just buy one of them and use it hard until it’s on the pile at sims metal. Then keep doing the same again until retirement age.