Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore Ute Drivers' Next Vehicle?

M

mwb235

Could be worse - imagine if the only option in Australia was the Proton Jumbuck! :eek:

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I like my colorados they get ahead in traffic fine and tow well too but you need an ecu remap as the throttle lag is annoying as fk but once you do that they are decent.

and it could be even worse if all we had was the Suzuki mighty boy lol

GUZZLA

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ssv redline ute
I really like the look of the wildtrak. But i test drove one fully kitted out and it was simply uninspiring to drive.. noisy engine and laggy, and really impractical with regards to tray access being so high and short. And the price is rediculious for a ford. And ford, from my experience, have such **** long term relability and there are many online complaints detailing as such, along with the Amarok.

I looked at a dual cab hilux but blfound the seat comfort typical toyota uninspiring. I never test drove one as I'm really not nterested in any modern diesel engine using DPFs... i hear so many issues with them. I've spoken to 3 owners of the new hilux and all preferred the previous model they each owned. Too tinny and gutless they said.

I really don't know what I'd get next and, at this points, simply don't care. I bloody love driving my ssv ute!!!

Hyperduc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline Wagon
I have been impressed with my 3.2 ranger supplied by work. Better than the new hilux.
But nothing would beat the commodore.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Could be worse - imagine if the only option in Australia was the Proton Jumbuck! :eek:
Better drive than all these Colorado, D-Max, Ranger, Hilux etc hard-riding poor-handling commercial vehicles ...

apollo13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE LPG
There is no replacement for the Commodore ute (RWD coupe utility with IRS) anywhere in the world.
A good reason to hate GM till eternity.

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I’d have a hilux or 70 series. Heard too many horror stories about the reliability of most of the other major brands.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I’d have a hilux or 70 series. Heard too many horror stories about the reliability of most of the other major brands.
I reckon the chiro costs with a 70-series would outweigh the repair costs of even an Amarok ... :)

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
I reckon the chiro costs with a 70-series would outweigh the repair costs of even an Amarok ... :)
Don’t get me started on Amarok’s, there have been a couple of guys come into work battling vw due to constant coolant loss problems and overheating issues. Toyota are the only ones I’d be going near, and from my own experience they’re more expensive initially but cheaper and less hassle in the long run.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Re the Colorado. Work truck, maybe. Touring vehicle, no way.
I am normal size for a bloke , 183cm, 95kg, and I had a sit in a current Colorado LTZ for about 3 minutes, before deciding nope.
There was no support under my thighs in the driver’s seat, and the adjustment does not include front/rear up/down, just height, and the higher it went, the downward slope to the front got worse.
If I can’t get comfortable within 3 minutes, how would I cope with an extended trip ?