Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VE designers are C@CK's

gd81

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SII Sv6 Manual
It really is stupidity. The thing that pisses me off about it is that it is done deliberately. They want you to drive it for a few years then give up on it and buy a new one.
Great business if people are dum enough to fall for it.

Problem is the majority are.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
it is not only Holden

Honda Accord V6.... engine out to replace the spark plugs
(on the rear bank) so my brother sold his... running on 4 cylinders
(2 of the exxie platinum 100,000 km plugs died at 75k) not happy Jan

pretty much same deal on my Alfa GTA quad cam V6 to do the timing belts , a bit like getting a eye operation through the rectum

mike_nofx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Sportswagon
What fuel do you run in it?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
And how much do you fill it each time? I'm sure you're not one of those strange people that only puts in $10 at a time and constantly runs it to empty. Are you?

Touch wood my original pump is still going at over 250k :) I'm a bit nervous about when the filter will need changing though.

Angry8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF HSV Maloo UTE Walkinshaw 557
Pretty much use only 98 as it was tuned to it and as a high compression motor and not a standard engine with larger cams 98 is recommended unlike a lot of cars that do not need 98 and people using it are actually wasting their money as it achieves nothing by using it.
Ideally I should put a high volume pump in it but the mechanic down there will not modify the replacement as that is a can of worms so OEM again it is.
Hardly ever let it get below 1/4 tank , I am very much aware of contaminants in fuel !
Whenever I fill up my race bike at the track i put the fuel through a funnel which has a screen in it .
I only put 5 lt in at a time and the amount of debris left on the screen is quite disturbing.
This appears from pretty much every service station I have bought fuel from , and no I don't use an old metal jerry can .
I started doing this after having to clean out the fuel tank on one of my bikes and was horrified at how much sludge and fine metal and plain old dirt was stuck in the filter sock and in the bottom of the tank.

Unfortunately who has the time and patience to decant fuel for your car and filter it so we are stuck with putting dirty fuel in your car.
I have yet to hear from the mechanic at Phillip island it has no fuel pressure at all when tested , if the pump is stuck due too particle contaminants or actually failed mechanically is still to be determined , if it has seized due to debris it most likely has been scoured and is fuc#ed anyway.

IF the VE ute was designed with an access panel like prior models I could of with all the tools I had for working on my race bike and with enough basic mechanical skills I have pulled the pump myself cleaned the filter and or orderd a new pump from Melbourne and been on my way the following day thats the frustrating part of this .

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
pretty much same deal on my Alfa GTA quad cam V6 to do the timing belts , a bit like getting a eye operation through the rectum

quote of the day ... that !

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
Cars are pretty disposable these days unfortunately. That one surprises me about the honda though! They're generally pretty well engineered!

can I ask you try an oil change on a 2005 CRV? ( I did one on my daughters)
yerp the sump plug is a doddle, exposed and where you expect it

the filter?
hmmm... that is another story :rolleyes:
firstly you need the VERY exxie Honda factory tool ( especially if genuine filter)
secondly you dislocate your elbow and wrist so that you can reach up
and put the tool on the filter and with the extension start removing it

or take a 400mm long screwdriver and hammer the pharker thru
the oil filter, move it 10mm to the right, grab hammer and do that
routine again .. until filter falls onto drive shaft (whereby you slide it to
the end and it falls on the ground) :confused:

why is it so hard? Honda engineers thought it would be fun to
put the oil filter right under the inlet manifold and also on top of
the cross drive shaft for the FWD with a gap of maybe 50mm
to reach thru to access it :mad:

greenacc

Searching for the billion