Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VE head unit

CDilkes

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 Commodore VE Ute
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any experience with changing the head unit on a 08 VE Commodore to putting a 2011 VE head unit in. Looking at changing the display to get the newer model display and not sure if they are compatible.

Cheers

HLDONN

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS
Hey guys,

Has anyone had any experience with changing the head unit on a 08 VE Commodore to putting a 2011 VE head unit in. Looking at changing the display to get the newer model display and not sure if they are compatible.

Cheers
Hey, not sure I just replaced a series 1 head unit with a series 2 had to get a patch harness. All in all pretty good. Dual air con only works as a single and outside temp display is always 21 degrees

CDilkes

Reaction score
Members Ride
sv6 Commodore VE Ute
Hey, not sure I just replaced a series 1 head unit with a series 2 had to get a patch harness. All in all pretty good. Dual air con only works as a single and outside temp display is always 21 degrees

Alright yeah thanks for the response, hopefully works for mine aswell.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Yes you can. You may need to reflash it or search for my thread on how to dismantle it and swap parts. If you get the boards out and refit to your new facia, you won't need to reflash it.

Tuatara

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais
2007 Calais. screen has lines flashing thru it but is good on radio Any idea on fix ?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
2007 Calais. screen has lines flashing thru it but is good on radio Any idea on fix ?
Make sure the facia is pushed in correctly. They come away from the bottom. Give it a good shove around the edges, especially at the bottom.