Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VE SSV 2011 passenger door won’t open from the inside or outside

Ian6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV sedan 2011
Hi,
my passenger door won’t open from the inside or the outside.. I have a feeling it’s the actuator playing up but I can’t get to it without removing the inside door panel , which I can’t remove because the door is closed shut.
is there any other way I can rectify this problem so I can open the door and look at the actuator?

any suggestions please?

thank you,
Ian

Last edited:

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
Won’t unlock ?,
And both handles don’t work ?,
That’s very unusual.

So it won’t unlock with the console with ?,
And
Won’t open when unlocked manually at the door handle ?

Ian6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV sedan 2011
Won’t unlock ?,
And both handles don’t work ?,
That’s very unusual.

So it won’t unlock with the console with ?,
And
Won’t open when unlocked manually at the door handle ?
Yeah that’s right, tried all that and more but just won’t open , the latch on the door appears not to unlatch itself , reason for me thinking it may be the actuator, but how do I get to it without opening the door?

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
Window down, take the rubber strip off and try get down there with a coat hanger or similar wire is how id do it. My guess is something has gone wrong in the lock/latch mechanism thats causing it to not actually unlock. Do the handles or the lock feel floppy or do they still have resistance to them?

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hi,
my passenger door won’t open from the inside or the outside.. I have a feeling it’s the actuator playing up but I can’t get to it without removing the inside door panel , which I can’t remove because the door is closed shut.
is there any other way I can rectify this problem so I can open the door and look at the actuator?

any suggestions please?

thank you,
Ian
Have you tried lifting up the door frame a bit using the window frame? Ive noticed that the doors do sag over time and it could be putting excess pressure on the door striker and stopping it from releasing?

Ian6666

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV sedan 2011
Window down, take the rubber strip off and try get down there with a coat hanger or similar wire is how id do it. My guess is something has gone wrong in the lock/latch mechanism thats causing it to not actually unlock. Do the handles or the lock feel floppy or do they still have resistance to them?
Thanks I’ll definitely give that a go, yes handles still have resistance

VSWagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS wagon
Did you get this sorted, identical problem with my VE

PH47SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 6.0L L98
You might be able to take of the door handle on the inside. It will have a rod attached to the back of that. Remove it and try pull on that might help you open the door. Worked for me once before

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
All else fails, lay down on the back seat and give it a boot or two on the edge where the lock mechanism is. Do this with someone pulling on the outside handle (and there to catch the door when it flies open.