Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore VR Ute (AKA:Brutus)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute
Hey guys,
yer im a newbie to this whole thing. Just bought myself a VR ute, added the nose scoop and skirtings, and then 19" rims:D V happy
Built in a subby box and running that and pioneer deck, tweeters and two front spkrs from alpine amp.
Next step is a metallic paint interior, going for a green, black and white look.
Also thinkin of puttin a design on to the tonneau.
Need to fix a cpl things in the engine, thinkin the guy who had it before me supercharged it then decided against it, woo the new laws in wa sayin P platers arent allowed turbo or super charged V6......
But yer if u c anythin in the engine that looks like it may have once belonged to an intercooler or somethn let us know, coz im not 100% sure on it yet.
Also need to reconnect a water bottle for the windscreen wipers as well as reconect my horn, all stuff ill ge tround to i guess.
Named it BRUTUS by the way.
Comment If u want aye?

Last edited:

JJ's VR

VRHLDN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8lt Supercharged 163.8kW & VS sII HSV Senator
:thumbsup:Hey Brutus! Nice ride mate;)Looks nice lowered and with those rims. I like your bonet scoop, looks good:thumbsup: I suppose one way to check if car was previously supercharged:)yeah:) in particular with a SC12 or SC14 set up, would be to check where the coil packs are mounted now, if they are mounted on the strut tower or elsewhere, good chance it was supercharged. If they are in the standard spot (on alternator bracket) then look to see if you can see witness marks somewhere with 3 holes drilled close together (within approx 250mm) rectangular pattern, near the strut tower on passenger side, or inside the inner passenger guard near cruise control box inside engine bay, if you have cruise!
If you can, post some pics of engine so we can see:D What things you gonna paint inside? This is only my opion, but try to stick to one colour! But at the end of the day, its your ride, you have to drive, so whatever makes you happy :yeah::yeah:

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Commodore Ute

JJ's VR

VRHLDN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8lt Supercharged 163.8kW & VS sII HSV Senator
Possible that it was supercharged, I can see a newer looking bolt on alternator mounting bracket, lowest one. Also its had at some stage a home made cold air intake, see that huge hole where airbox used to go? Possible that it was hooked up to a supercharger.
Post your pic's of interior when your done, get round to it! Take your time, dont rush it. Dont forgot to plastic prime parts before spraying desired colours! If you need any tips on painting, ask on the forum, you'll get heaps of tips!!