Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore-VR-VS-Workshop-Repair-Service-Manual

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Hey VS-Lover would you be willing to PM a few pages from the VR manual if I ever needed it? I have rarely needed a manual on the ute but would be nice to know I could when I need to. I bought a Max E VR/VS and it was really a VS manual. Tried using it 2 or 3 times and had enough, as it was useless. It now sits under my bed and has done for over year, probably 2.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Hi Losh,

Only too happy to do that for you anytime.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
You don't need an old PC. It will work on any of the Windows 32 bit operating systems up to and including Windows 10. Won't work on the Windows 64 bit operating systems. Don't agree about the "clunky" comment, the structure and links are excellent especially compared with the rubbish PDF-based manuals that are around.

If you have a 64 bit system, you can use an emulator, such as Oracle's VM Virtualbox to run a 32 bit client system under your 64 bit operating system. However, you will need a licence for the client 32 bit system.

** Edit ** You can purchase a Windows 7 Home 32 bit licence from a de-installed PC on eBay for around $20-30. You can then use this licence to run the workshop manual under Virtualbox. You can also take advantage of the free Microsoft offer to upgrade the Windows 7-32 licence to Windows 10-32, to simplify compatibility, and run this under your existing 64 bit operating system. That's what I do.

Last edited:

bwian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs s111 ute 3.8
I use the cd on a 32 bit windows 10 in Oracle's VM Virtualbox. Have an old laptop running 32 bit Windows 10 as well, but prefer desktop.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I just look in the relevant Volume of my books and don't even have to use any electricity ;););)

but in saying that I also have the CD and have had it for years, I just find that it's a pain to run it as it will no longer run on our 64 bit operating systems and all this virtual box stuff is a bit over my head. Now if it was anything to do with regular tools I'd be all over it.

Last edited:

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
It can be a bit tricky. Pity I'm in Melbourne otherwise I could help you to get it working. Perhaps some of our Adelaide members can help you.

AlexCameron23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII CSV BULLET 350

AlexCameron23

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII CSV BULLET 350
wonder if this is any good.......last manual I brought like this was shite, manual was readable but pics and wiring diagram was useless :)
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...m364aba3a98:g:OOwAAOSwVHRcnW3w&frcectupt=true

wonder if this is any good.......last manual I brought like this was shite, manual was readable but pics and wiring diagram was useless :)
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Holden-...m364aba3a98:g:OOwAAOSwVHRcnW3w&frcectupt=true
I got one off this guy his CD was stuck to the plastic cover.. It Didn't work he never got back to me..