Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore wheel choice.

H

harrop.senator

It's what they're called lol. 16x8.5/9.5's . Amazing midschool wheel.

Attachments

• images - 2021-05-21T072916.293.jpeg
    images - 2021-05-21T072916.293.jpeg
    40.2 KB · Views: 180

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Stupid money 15' aero rims these days...thought I paid too much for a set 2 years ago now they've tripled in price.16's are even crazier.

I still like look of ve supersports for most cars although ve gts rims look better on certain colour cars.

Downside of corvette rims is can tell not actual hdt aero & chev pattern although do look better than csa copies

H

harrop.senator

I couldn't care less that they're not hdt aero in my opinion are ten times cooler due to being a 16 , real men widths and were the original as far as GM goes.

I was going to re drill my hubs or have them welded and drilled. For the $800-1000 they go far I'd have happily paid the money to get them fitting.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
All depends on car they go on...that era really only suit vk models & look odd on most other cars

H

harrop.senator

They look amazing on vr and vs. had a mate with a panther SS and bobtail and it made me froth everytime.

waikato willy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1984 VK calais
silly question but am i in the understanding corvette rims a slightly different pcd to holden?
just seeing the welding and drilling stuff in the comments makes me nervous as I run these rims on both my vks but never really looked at how the wheel nut locates

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
VK's are best suited to HDT Aero's as most people have correctly pointed out.

Fachoo

Reaction score
Members Ride
calais 2
VK's are best suited to HDT Aero's as most people have correctly pointed out.
sure are suited to the vk, can:t go past the vl calais vt international factory alloys either, probably the best 3 wheels to suit any commodore in the 80/90 era

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Corvette wheels chev pcd...

For brock replica aero wheels then kind of like vk calais rims on a clean looking vh sle.

Depends on car model & type of build