Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore ZB LT factory window tint

commonoob

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore/Insignia LT ZB
Can anyone advise on window tint on a 2018 Commodore ZB LT. The car has factory tinted windows i.e: factory laminated tinted windows. Does anybody know what VLT (Visible Light Transmittance) percentage used? I read somewhere factory tinted windows are 70% VLT. I want to go darker tint but in order to do so I need an idea of current tint percentage. Also, I don't want to exceed the NSW legal tint of 35% VLT. Please see explanation from a tinting company's website.

Calculating Window Tint For Your Vehicle​

If your car's windows don't have any tint at all, then it's easy to choose the right film. Whatever percentage film you choose is the percentage your windows will be. However, if your windows already have some tint, then you will need to choose with care.

To calculate the result, you multiply the factory tint percentage by the film tint percentage. For example, if you apply a 50% film to a window that already has 70% tint from the factory, then to calculate the result, you multiply the numbers together. Eg 50% x 70% = 35% tint.

If you don't know what tint percentage your windows already have, your best option is to visit our showroom in Strathpine. We will measure the darkness of your windows and help you pick the best film to get the result you want.