Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Commodore

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I've never understood the hatred for the ZB's appearance. To me, it's quite well styled, perhaps a little generic, but with the number of manufacturers and models available these days, how do you make your car truly distinctive.
And, if it had been locally made, would it have been so reviled?

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
I dunno if it is 'reviled'. Just not different enough from the mainstream FWDs to standout. Bland. Boring colours not to attract attention.
As I wrote here way back when, there was a ZB on display at the 2017 Newcastle Supercars. Normally an unreleased new Commodore would have a 6 deep crowd around it. Not even the attractive, half dressed young chickybabes accompanying it could drum up interest from the passing crowd.
It is well know amongst locals that Newcastle is an advertising experimental area …..... if advertising works here, it will work anywhere.
( V8s + Novocastrians + NRL = Bogantown :) )

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
I dunno if it is 'reviled'. Just not different enough from the mainstream FWDs to standout. Bland. Boring colours not to attract attention.
They sold more of them than Honda sold Accords and Mazda sold 6's, in the same timeframe, apparently.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I've never understood the hatred for the ZB's appearance. To me, it's quite well styled

I agree, if you look at the side by side pics in post #10..ZB almost looks like a natural evolution of VF.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
I've never understood the hatred for the ZB's appearance. To me, it's quite well styled, perhaps a little generic, but with the number of manufacturers and models available these days, how do you make your car truly distinctive.
And, if it had been locally made, would it have been so reviled?

I don't hate the ZB, I don't mind the styling(its a bit generic, like all the designers are using the same CAD software), all the variants I've driven are nice to drive, and nice to be in.
But they're just an average FWD vehicle, with not enough grunt to make me want to spend the money to own one.
If it was supplied to me as a company car, I don't think I'd complain too much...

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
But they're just an average FWD vehicle, with not enough grunt to make me want to spend the money to own one

If I was in the market, i'd certainly look closely at the AWD VXR with the 3.6.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If I was in the market, i'd certainly look closely at the AWD VXR with the 3.6.

Have you driven one? They are nice to drive, but still, not enough grunt...