Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Common high KM problems?

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
Mechanically mine is fine at 206000k's, but the seat material is coming away from the foam, making the interior look a bit tired. The map pockets needed replacing (but that is due to putting too much stuff in there, not kilometers) Other than that I'm happy with it. Door handles can break too. I tend to overlook the kays on a car if it is in good condition.

but the seat material is coming away from the foam, making the interior look a bit tired - same with mine - more with the drivers seat :(

other problems but all fixed
1. drivers side power window assembly - replaced
2. clutch assembly - replaced
3. Key buttons as rubbers have worn off - not bothered getting it replaced
4. front sway bar bushes / engine mounts - needs to be replaced soon

webwombat

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE SS-V wagon
new engine, new transmission, new brakes (rotors and booster), new radiator, new battery, new engine mounts, new suspension. I think my diff is still original? haha

new engine mounts - what they cost you supply / fitted ?

xx1600xx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt commodore S
mines got 378000 and is on gas and has no probs what so ever, always used the best oil u can bye at auto barn and have had it for 3 years and havn touchd a thing. also have a vt s with 200000, no probs so far!!

Longman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V 6.0 Auto
I bought my Series 1 V6 with 68,000 on the clock, it's got 193,000 now. The only issues really were BCM died once (actually not long after I got it). Aside from that, a small steering leak and that's it. It is still running like a new car, a few suspension creaks, the sway bar links are worn out but I have new ones to fit shortly. Overall though, happy at the moment.

Vince Warne

Reaction score
Members Ride
H.b.d vy ute.commodore
Raidator will blow of its neck at about 250ks my l67has 297ks and had a bad life before I got it with a bit of service and new super charger snout and pully and now I have no problem with car

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
the biggest problem with 200,000km car is that it is 200,000km closer to the end of its life than a 0km car, it is also 200,000km closer to needing major repairs.

That said a car well looked after and services may be OK, but then again it may not.

Vince Warne

Reaction score
Members Ride
H.b.d vy ute.commodore
I have 370km on my vu ute normal wear no major probs stupid red paint faded on the other hand my vt l67 just sizzled with no warning it had 300kms and my vy hbd ute has 200kms and is in very good con it's my daily driver so it just goes to show jam don't matter