Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Common Sense in Court? WOW!

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Indeed.

Looking through the comments, there is always the twats that comment like this:

Sarah of Brisbane Posted at 8:31 AM Today

See - we don't need euthanasia laws in this country. We already have it. I'm glad that stories like this are rare. Its such a sad thing to lose a life so full of promise, no matter how young or old.

Comment 7 of 38

How is a life full of promise when the child is seriously brain damaged? People that comment like that really should be involuntarily euthanised.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
How is a life full of promise when the child is seriously brain damaged? People that comment like that really should be involuntarily euthanised.

+1 couldn't agree more!

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
The people against euthanasia are living in some LSD Fairy's and Loppypops wet dream.

Brain damaged, no quality of life, no chance for quality of life and a burden on the family for life.

Very promising life.

Hopefully this is a sign that logic will finally prevail.

My fiancee is a nurse. A patient can opt for a DNR (Do not resuscitate) order.

This means that if they are dying, there are to be not efforts made to bring them back.

Some of the patients have various serious illnesses, cancer, heart problems, lung problems, etc and they are dying. Very slowly, very painfully and very unhappy about it.

There are many instances that when the patients time comes, after a long and unhappy life stuck in a hospital bed unable to do anything for themselves, their death is long and painful.

A recent story I heard about was a old man who has something with his lungs, he has been struggling along for several weeks until his time came. It took 2 hours of sturggling to breath and drowning in fluid build up before he went.

The nurses couldn't administer strond pain killers or sedative because of something about that potentially killing him, which would be classed as euthanasia and thus illegal.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to avoid making this man's last few weeks and hours so painful?

I don't understand the logic of those who oppose euthanasia, like what exactly are they fighting against? Giving people the right to decided when they've had enough of being sick and uncomfortable? That's stupid.

Last edited:

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
hear hear!

+1000 to all the above comments so far ^^^

Church and politics should never mix... so why does the church have so much pull over this issue? It's my body (or if I'm too young to understand- my parents decision), and if I am so ill/damaged that I choose not live and suffer any longer, who's right is it but my own to make a sound capable judgement that I wish to die with dignity?

I watched my dad slowly get eaten alive my cancer, and watched other extended family members suffer unnecessaryily. If my loved ones had been given the chance to die with dignity on their own terms, I know for a fact that they would have taken the choice to do so... and not have someone stranger in an office or meeting room decide that its 'against the law' to choose not to suffer any longer.

Lets see how all these Pro Life selfish arses feel when they live in constant pain every waking hour, knowing there isnt a cure to their ills and it's only going to get worse. I wouldnt wish it on my worst enemy, but these people wished it on my loved ones and I find it very hard to be even remotely sympathetic to their views.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Jester, I oppose euthanisa, but only when it is not for a deadly illness in where the patient has no hope of recovery. I think the biggest fears people have with euthanisa is it being abused then hitting the courts for people who just want to be dead.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
If people just want to be dead, why can't we let them?

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Oh yeah, it will require strick control and regulations as to who is eligible.

Don't want a bunch of emo kids going in on a thursday and offing themselves because they didn't like the latest Britney Spears single.

But for people who have no chance of quality of life and that's a medical fact. Then it would be an option for the individual.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
Don't want a bunch of emo kids going in on a thursday and offing themselves because they didn't like the latest Britney Spears single.

WTF not? I mean the world would be a better place!