Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Compatible CD stackers for VS

S

spio

Hi! I'm considering of buying a CD stacker for my VS II Equipe. When i purchsed the car the dealer informed me that the car is CD stacker ready. (eurovox head unit, the sound system is supposedly a bit better than the executive one?). What CD stackers would be compatible with the head unit?

Btw do any of u guys happen to know any good Commodore wreckers in Sydney? I'm thinkin of sourcing a CD stacker from a smashed commo. Thanks in advance..

T

t3zza

None will be that you can buy from the market. There very rare to find and the only one that will work is the Eurovox. Ie sony will only work with sony.... Plus all sound systems that come with the commodores are ****, even the calias and HSV's. Its only finally with the VY there is something half decent. You are better of getting a Pioneer head unit, they would sound 100% better than the one you got atm mate... Cheers

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
Or sony since they look nice :D !!

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Yeah no offence to anyone but Sony play dirty music. Pioneer, Alpine but not Sony.

Cheers,
Jim b)

T

t3zza

2Fast2FuriousDude said:
Yeah no offence to anyone but Sony play dirty music. Pioneer, Alpine but not Sony.

Cheers,
Jim b)

Yeah I agree Pioneer is prob the best when it comes to car audio. I just spent $2000 grand on their top line model with built in HDD.. Can't go wrong there... Cheers

Terry

Demons1964

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais, WHII Statesman V8, VC L 202
I have a VSII Statesman and the Eurovox system is actually pretty good (far better than the current Blaupunkt system in the WK Statesman). Neither system can compare with a really good aftermarket version though as the factory jobs are built to a price. The reason why the Eurovox system doesn't sound very good in the in the lower model VS commodores is the absence of tweeters in the dash. They make a massive difference to sound quality.
Anyway, if you're looking to buy a new 10 CD stacker from Holden it will set you back $660 plus cable. I looked around recently when the drive motor died in my stacker after 7 years of constant use but the pin configurations on the input/output cable on Eurovox are different to everything else on the market. That dead motor cost me $150 for Eurovox to repair (for a 50 cent part), but still cheaper than a new one. To be honest, if you haven't got tweeters in the dash or stereo controls on the steering wheel to worry about I'd go with Pioneer or Alpine.

Mark.