Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Complete fusion powerplant system. Thoughts?

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
[email protected] - for quicker contact, am very interested in hearing some more gear! I was originally wanting to go for hifonics but its hard to find a dealer for them...

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
...people who tell you FUSION is crap have no idea and obviously haven't a clue what they are talking about.
Do you really believe that? Ever think that they say it because they know there is better out there?

swiftymcfeat

Reaction score
Members Ride
87 VL Calais Turbo
I realize there are much better products out there than fusion... I was originally going to get hifonics...

There are a few reasons for my choice of fusion though...

I currently only have fusion amps (rest of my system is clarion) and while they arent the best, they do the job nicely. With saying this, i voided my warranty on my fusion amp in 2 different ways (installed my self and removed the sticker to look inside myself) yet when my amp was playing up fusion payed for postage and fixed the amp for free.

Fusion is also very good quality FOR ITS PRICE RANGE.

There is more but i cant remember haha. I will be going to check out Joe's system though :p

03 VY

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY SS
I have not had any trouble with my Fusion PP gear and I believe for the money the sound quality is quite good. I'm currently running Fusion PP 4 ch amp, 6.5' splits front, 6.5' coaxials rear and soon to be running Fusion PP Bass pack (which includes 12" Sub and Monoblock amp). I recommend having a listen to a few different systems if you are unsure.

Vg-ute-mad

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS 97 Series II
Mate I got a Full FUSION POWERPLANT system installed on the weekend.

1200w 4 ch amp (125w RMS per ch)
120w RMS 6.5' splits in the front
110w RMS 6.5' 2-ways in the rear
12' sub being fed around 600w RMS from a 1000w mono amp.
2 gauge power into 2x4 gauge cable to feed the amps. new 12 gauge speaker wire all round and dynamat in the doors and boot.

I am that impressed with the system. I drive around with a smile on my face now.
Greg at ASR (forum sponsor) did the work and it is amazing. people who tell you FUSION is crap have no idea and obviously haven't a clue what they are talking about.
I wouldn't get the 6x9s but cos you are getting the sub which defeats the purpose of the bass made from the 6x9s just get a set of 2-ways.
It is really good quality stuff man and for the price it is awesome

Hear, hear Tooks!!!!

My thoughts are that I'd never recommend Fusion to my worst enemy, but they're just my thoughts :)

Do you really believe that? Ever think that they say it because they know there is better out there?

They can't be too bad, if I came first place at a SQ comp last year, at Autobarn Bankstown.
I competed against SPL Dynamics, Focal, and JL ZR's. Audiophiles weren't looking down their noses at me, after the win, were they???

Edit: Btw, that was with a set of 6.5 inch Reactors! :)

Also, name one car audio company that you can call and have a friendly chat with, without being palmed off to a retail outlet? Not only do they have good products, but old fasion service is the reason why I decided to support them in the first place!

But good on you for choosing Joe! He's a top bloke that offers great support also!!!!

Last edited: