Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Complete VN,VP,VR,VS,VQ,VG Headunit Guide [56k warning]

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Curious as to how the bracket works? How does it hold the h/u inside of the dash? Do I screw it in something inside of there or do I just position it behind the dash so it won't slide out?

Dropjeslover

**** happens
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Executive
Great guide!
However, I didn't remove the driver lower dash section nor anything of the aircon/ventilation. Also didn't have to remove the gray covers surrounding the whole section. As soon as you can reach the 2/3 (manual/auto) lower bolts you're good to go...

Does anyone know if there are any neat direct bolt-on frames available?
My HU is currently hanging loose in the hole and I don't really have the tools and time at hand to create something custom, which also fills up the remaining gap.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Yes there used to be a black powder coated frame available for purchase. I know Autobarn Dandenong still had a couple last year. Ask them as they don't advertise them... Half of their staff wouldn't even know that they are there.

Lauriemccormick94

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 series 2 vr commodore
hey mate just wondering just tried swapping my head units in my 94 vr exec, just curious as to which wires are the factory/ what they are ment to look like? i bought it off a friend and the old set up was just run through power supply from battery to 2 amps that speakers and head unit was run off. any info on what the factory wires are would be great spent 2 hours frustrated trying to do this :$
cheers

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
Just going to point out I posted this 7 YEARS ago.. And I still get calls/Pms about it

It's awesome to see the community being it do much from an afternoon of keyboard bashing.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
Also apologies I haven't been monitoring the tread. I mostly hang out on SW these days

NissanSilvia

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
You know this is a very old thread when the subject heading includes "56k warning"!!!

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
You know this is a very old thread when the subject heading includes "56k warning"!!!

I wrote this 10 years ago, originally for CCC and Ausrevs.. Still Pinned and relevant today, and yes I do still get the occasional phone call from someone stuck doing an install

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I wrote this 10 years ago, originally for CCC and Ausrevs.. Still Pinned and relevant today, and yes I do still get the occasional phone call from someone stuck doing an install

Dude. Stahp! Joo mekkin me feel old!