Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Complete VN,VP,VR,VS,VQ,VG Headunit Guide [56k warning]

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
"Aerpro" Aftermarket H/U wiring plug for VR - VS

Most that have cut the stock vehicle wiring harnes may have regretted it later on should another head unit need fitting I see this shown in the pics above.

There is a plug available with 7" or so of color coded wires ready to solder up / heatshrink the joints and simply plug it in to the existing loom and your good to go, it saves a lot of stress, time and any possibility of having a stray +ve wire hit any earth while working in the confined spaces of the dash.

The company is Aerpro found at the following web site, http://www.aerpro.com.au/ for Toyota Lexcen and Holden VR-VS is part # AP1783H, I found that in respect of the car's loom that the constant +ve wire is the Yellow and accesories is an Orange, opposite to many wiring diagrams so it pays to put a meter inside the existing plug just to check this out before going any further, Note; some seem to be different on the same model perhaps due to the car's manufacture date ?

After soldering the new plug's wires to the H/U chosen the new plug simply clips into the existing car's loom, shown on the packet are the new plug's wiring codes which were true to lable for my VS, and although different colours are in some wires on the car side of things, the wiring colours on the new plug side matched my Kenwood H/U exactly so it may well fit many other aftermarket h/u wiring, 11 basic wires are on most Kenwood H/U's, plus another two for the electric aerial, Blue and Blue/white.

The new plug is coded;

Yellow - +12v constant
Red - +12v accessories
Black - earth

Grey - right front (+)
Grey/black - right front (-)
White - left front (+)
White/black - left front (-)
Violet - right rear (+)
Violet/black - right rear (-)
Green - left rear (+)
Green/black - left rear (-)

* Pink - mute, "ignore"
* Blue - power antenna "ignore unless used"
* Blue/white - remote "ignore unless used"
* Orange - ilumination "ignore"
* Orange/white dimmer "ignore"

* sometimes not all fitted / not used, depends on model, 2 antenna wires will be fitted tho.

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
actualy. no i still have the stock plug on my wiring harness.... and the harness for the deck that came in the car when i bought it(the one in the picks) and the blaupunkt wiring harness too.... besides being an installer it takes me less than 5 minutes to rewire it anyway.

i would agree with the security bits.. but stay away from torx as most theives have torx bits these days (or atleast the tips for a drill) goto a nut and bolt shop and ask them for security bolts requiring a custom driver.

not that i need to worry.. the garage has a secuirty camera and motion detector in it :p

VQXTC

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VP Senator, VY SS Crewman
Problem with Aerpro plug for VR-VS

digisol said:
Most that have cut the stock vehicle wiring harnes may have regretted it later on should another head unit need fitting I see this shown in the pics above.

There is a plug available with 7" or so of color coded wires ready to solder up / heatshrink the joints and simply plug it in to the existing loom and your good to go, it saves a lot of stress, time and any possibility of having a stray +ve wire hit any earth while working in the confined spaces of the dash.

The company is Aerpro found at the following web site, http://www.aerpro.com.au/ for Toyota Lexcen and Holden VR-VS is part # AP1783H, I found that in respect of the car's loom that the constant +ve wire is the Yellow and accesories is an Orange, opposite to many wiring diagrams so it pays to put a meter inside the existing plug just to check this out before going any further, Note; some seem to be different on the same model perhaps due to the car's manufacture date ?

After soldering the new plug's wires to the H/U chosen the new plug simply clips into the existing car's loom, shown on the packet are the new plug's wiring codes which were true to lable for my VS, and although different colours are in some wires on the car side of things, the wiring colours on the new plug side matched my Kenwood H/U exactly so it may well fit many other aftermarket h/u wiring, 11 basic wires are on most Kenwood H/U's, plus another two for the electric aerial, Blue and Blue/white.

The new plug is coded;

Yellow - +12v constant
Red - +12v accessories
Black - earth

Grey - right front (+)
Grey/black - right front (-)
White - left front (+)
White/black - left front (-)
Violet - right rear (+)
Violet/black - right rear (-)
Green - left rear (+)
Green/black - left rear (-)

* Pink - mute, "ignore"
* Blue - power antenna "ignore unless used"
* Blue/white - remote "ignore unless used"
* Orange - ilumination "ignore"
* Orange/white dimmer "ignore"

* sometimes not all fitted / not used, depends on model, 2 antenna wires will be fitted tho.

:wave: Hey Digisol, I used to work with these plugs from Aerpro and I found that the Left and Right Rear speaker wires were reversed.......ie: Left is Right and Right is Left....

Not sure if they changed it by now...but that was nearly 12 months ago now...:whistling

digisol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Landcruiser
All I know is the one I bought last week works properly when wired up as directed, all 4 speakers work as meant to.

Then again I did use a meter on all the wires just to be sure, but nothing was out of whack.

Sure makes it a giant heap easier rather than cutting the stock plug off the loom.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yes the adaptors are the go.. most definitely.

Cost you around $20 and will solder up to the half-loom you should get with the HU. All things being nice, they should both use the new universal colours, which the VR-VS doesn't. This means you just have to solder colour-colour, makes it very very easy.

12Volt.. as to the centre console thing. You can lift up the shifter surround and spin it 90 degress, this gets it well out of the way of the screws hidden underneath, and as i said, there's no hassle of trying to get it over the shifter knob.

pro_gmh

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL
I found this somewhere, i think here on JC. But here it is again...

Attachments

• Eurovox Colour Codes.jpg
    Eurovox Colour Codes.jpg
    131.5 KB · Views: 22,594

Shaneus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Still no climate control. Are they as easy as the standard control?

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Shaneus, I suggest you look. YOu will find behind there a plug of wires that you remove and then it is all done. Simpler then regular HVAC

Atreidae

(Was an) Installer
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SIDI
Just an update for those thinking of PM'ing me absolute Bull, Im not interested dont waste my time, and once again i cant possibly see how you can damage your vehicle following the instructions on this page, but if you do its your own damn fault. Any PM's that come into my mailbox that are just plain stupid WILL be posted on chibiko.net and you will be made fun of (Ill even send you a bill for the hosting and advertising whilst im at it)
Whilst most of JC appreicates what I do and the time I gave up to make and post this guide the ones that dont grind my gears!

CommyLover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
when trying to remove the transmission cover (auto), i have managed to loosen up teh left hand side of it but cant prise it up from the handbrake, is there a clip im missing or sumthing to the left of where u put ur fingers? ic ant get it loose.

is tehre a trick, do i have to push it in then up or do i just get my hand in and rip it up?(i feel as tho if i force it any more the whoel thing is going to snap)

thnx for the help