Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Completely Normal Or Not

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
Hey all. Just wondering recently my 06 SV6 has had a bit of an exhaust upgrade (SS Mufflers and a set of pacemaker extractors) and I have been noticing water droplets and a sort of white hazy smoke coming from exhaust pipes after the car has been driven and turned off. Is this a sign of water and moister in the exhaust or could it be a leaking gasket in engine. Car has just clocked over 200,000.
Cheers for all who contribute. :) :)

gossie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE International 3.6L
Have you checked your coolant level, and what colour is it?

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
If only after driving short distance it's probably normal water vapour. But if it continues all the time even when hot you've got a problem. Also do what Gossie said and keep an eye on all the fluids.

TheGrimReaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2006 VE SV6
When I had the extractors put on the exhaust shops did say I had an O ring leaking coolant might get it replaced. As for the vapor the car was driven for 30km to work so I believe the car was up to temperature. I did a quick check of fluid levels oil it fine and the coolant overflow has coolant in there from when I last toped it up (roughly 2 months ago)