Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Compression ratio for a VF v6 cylinder

SuperMario70

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais 2014
Hi I'm new to this and to a lot with cars so sorry if I'm not using the right terminology but am learning fast. I have a few questions.
1. Which document can I find what the compression ratio of a cylinder should be for a VF V6 2013 in a Calais?
2. If one head has been machined, carbon cleaned of the 4 valves, they have been reseated and the cylinder has been honed and polished WITHOUT removing the piston or the engine (and it's the most back cylinder on the drivers side) would this cylinder have a smaller compression ratio than the other 5 cylinders?
I hope my questions make sense and looking forward to some great answers.
Thanks

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Hi I'm new to this and to a lot with cars so sorry if I'm not using the right terminology but am learning fast. I have a few questions.
1. Which document can I find what the compression ratio of a cylinder should be for a VF V6 2013 in a Calais?
2. If one head has been machined, carbon cleaned of the 4 valves, they have been reseated and the cylinder has been honed and polished WITHOUT removing the piston or the engine (and it's the most back cylinder on the drivers side) would this cylinder have a smaller compression ratio than the other 5 cylinders?
I hope my questions make sense and looking forward to some great answers.
Thanks

It's a bit impossible to hone a cylinder with the piston still in it, with the block still in the car.
Does the title on your workshop receipts start with Dodgy Bros?

vr304

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 ssv manual
It’s physically impossible to hone a cylinder with the piston still in it mate, something doesn’t sound right there

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
no one would be "polishing" a cylinder bore either or id say the loss of compression is only the start of that problem