Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Computer Instrument Cluster For Vs Ss

STRiFe

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS SS
are all the components there for me to upgrade my boring instrument cluster to a computer one or would i need to get extra components for it?

Locksmiff

Reaction score
QUOTE (STRiFe @ Dec 30 2003, 03:51 PM) are all the components there for me to upgrade my boring instrument cluster to a computer one or would i need to get extra components for it?
My cousin seems to think you could make up some digital gauges and use the old gauged guts for the controlling etc. I will let ya's know when it comes time for him to do his thing.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
I have done the conversion to my vr exective which have the same setup as yoursThe digital bottom section of the dash will not work it needs another connector called connector number 4.All the speedo,tacho,fuel,temp and most idiot lights will work OK .
You need to source a cluster harness to suit a digital dash from say a berlina or statesman or calais from a wrecker about $40 -50
This harness goes from the 3 connector boxes located on the side of the dash pad on the right hand side to the instruments taking in the cluster , heated window...air con...hazard switches and glove box light.
You need to use the connector 4 from this new loom and solder a few wires to existing wires in your original dash loom.
I did it and the dash works perfectly.
If you are keen I can send you a diagram.

Mark.

Locksmiff

Reaction score
I thought you were talking about a custom digital cluster, not the level 3 dashes with the LCD's along the bottom. my bad.

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
This is the connector 4 wiring .the connector plugs in under the cluster near the indication lamps

STRiFe

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS SS
markovr: Thanks for the info. i am relieved that i can do it..just gotta dig out my soldering iron (if i can remember where i put it!)