Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Condensation Issue

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
I bought a demo Holden Commodore ZB 4 Cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo in early April 2019. In a word the car is brilliant.. very very quick, very agile, comfy driver seat, very solid on the road with outstanding brakes and grip. In this wetter weather I have seen a condensation build up on the back inside window mainly .. a little on the rear passenger window too. I have felt around the rear inside window and in the boot but found nothing. I am wondering whether it is the break light set up at the top of the rear window where a little water may have ' seeped in ' there due to see and rain. On a couple of occasions I have also used the pressure sprayer at a car wash place here in Beechworth. ???? but am sure the windows were closed. If they were not fully shut, can any even slight build up take a fair while to go away? Of course I checked (well i think i did) whether all the windows were fully closed when I found the build up on the last occasion. But the condensation build up us not lessening so that tells me that it us a problem, is me a fault .Can anyone help me, and do they know what strategy I can take b4 I take her in?. And what can Holden do? Because by the time I arrive for a service, the condensation wilk have gone. Of course I am looking for this to be fixed Also, is the Holden equipped to undertake some more sophisticated problem solving and techniques to get to the cause Your advice would be greatly appreciated Maybe other owners have this problem. I am inclined to think that that rear light at top of window, or the 'lift back, architecture . I call it ' hatch back is the problem???
This raises the question whether service managers have a database that shows problems wuth warranty issues in particular and the remedies taken. These are qyestions I will raise . I'll initially go back( speak to) to Patterson Cheney Vermont where I bought the car, and go from there I guess
Tezza

Last edited:

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
I bought a demo Holden Commodore ZB 4 Cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo in early April 2019. In a word the car is brilliant.. very very quick, very agile, comfy driver seat, very solid on the road with outstanding brakes and grip. In this wetter weather I have seen a condensation build up on the back inside window mainly .. a little on the rear passenger window too. I have felt around the rear inside window and in the boot but found nothing. I am wondering whether it is the break light set up at the top of the rear window where a little water may have ' seeped in ' there due to see and rain. On a couple of occasions I have also used the pressure sprayer at a car wash place here in Beechworth. ???? but am sure the windows were closed. If they were not fully shut, can any even slight build up take a fair while to go away? Of course I checked (well i think i did) whether all the windows were fully closed when I found the build up on the last occasion. But the condensation build up us not lessening so that tells me that it us a problem, is me a fault .Can anyone help me, and do they know what strategy I can take b4 I take her in?. And what can Holden do? Because by the time I arrive for a service, the condensation wilk have gone. Of course I am looking for this to be fixed Also, is the Holden equipped to undertake some more sophisticated problem solving and techniques to get to the cause Your advice would be greatly appreciated Maybe other owners have this problem. I am inclined to think that that rear light at top of window, or the 'lift back, architecture . I call it ' hatch back is the problem???
This raises the question whether service managers have a database that shows problems wuth warranty issues in particular and the remedies taken. These are qyestions I will raise . I'll initially go back( speak to) to Patterson Cheney Vermont where I bought the car, and go from there I guess
Tezza
Certainly take pics of it under different conditions..with or without pressure washer, different times of day etc...doesn’t matter if it has gone away by the time you take it in, so long as you have evidence logged.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thank very much for that.. appreciate your advice

wobbles123

Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SV6 Auto Ute, 2013 VF SV6 Auto Sedan.
Tezza
Any car will have condensation depending on the weather.
TURN ON THE AIR CONDITIONER.....problem solved.....you see so many cars driving around with windows down in 38c temp....they thing they are saving on fuel......FALSE.

DavesSV6Tonner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S V6 Cab & Chassis
^^^ Agree, condensation is caused by warm moisture laden air contacting a colder surface.
When this condensation appears on the rear window and passenger rear side window are you carrying a passenger/s in the rear seat?
Try turning on the rear window demister, that is what it is for. Problem solved.

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
What is your tyre wear like on your 4 cylinder zb Tezza?

Guys on here wuth the v6 saying they are wearing out in 8000-12000kms.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
sorry, I never answered this. I have done 15000 and wear is good ie quite normal . I’m not hard on cornering even though the 2 litre petrol turbo is so very lithe and agile. The low kerb weight of 1520 kg is a preventative iI think.. similar to us, if you are too fat, many things can go wrong .
I believe the VXR is not good on tyres ... or some of them
I’d be interested in looking what the kerb weight of the vxr, is, and I suspect that the AWDs of the zBs are not right

Badgerdog

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais V
What is your tyre wear like on your 4 cylinder zb Tezza?

Guys on here wuth the v6 saying they are wearing out in 8000-12000kms.
Sport Contact 5's on my Calais V. Serviced last week @ 13,500 km's and measured tread depth was 4.5mm fronts and 6.0mm rears (before being rotated by the service staff).
These tyres do not have a good rep for longevity so I am very happy with those tread depths.
We can also learn something interesting from this about the car's AWD system. Its mostly front wheel drive unless the car's sensors detect some form of slippage in which case it goes into AWD mode.

Don't ask me how the torque vectoring works front to rear when driving aggressively in terms of front / rear power split as I don't know, but it does seem to be a very effective system and rounds up corners extremely well.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sport Contact 5's on my Calais V. Serviced last week @ 13,500 km's and measured tread depth was 4.5mm fronts and 6.0mm rears (before being rotated by the service staff).
These tyres do not have a good rep for longevity so I am very happy with those tread depths.
We can also learn something interesting from this about the car's AWD system. Its mostly front wheel drive unless the car's sensors detect some form of slippage in which case it goes into AWD mode.

Don't ask me how the torque vectoring works front to rear when driving aggressively in terms of front / rear power split as I don't know, but it does seem to be a very effective system and rounds up corners extremely well.

I’m fascinated, all those who bleat about how they hate fwd yet unless your pushing the car, you’ve got fwd operating in most situations! I saw a Vid by a pro reviewer of my car and his claim was that fwd was actually better for handling and feedback, and safety, and torque steer was no issue on the 4 turbo. I’ll never get awd,it adds weight, complexity, and dough. There is obviously an issue with tyre wear for the VXR, and that has AWD, dunno about the other sixes.
My research paid off.