Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Condensor nut cracked

Trapped under Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
I bought my car a year ago with no air con and when i looked the nut between the condensor and dryer pipe had cracked which apparently is common. Went to an air con place and they said it was gonna cost around 500 to replace the whole condensor which i am not going to pay. Does anyone no either a good place in adelaide to fix this or a explanation how to fix this (That i can understand)

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
That's them replacing, checking and regassing the system? if so that's not bad, i was last quoted about 300 just to check and regas

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
That's them replacing, checking and regassing the system? if so that's not bad, i was last quoted about 300 just to check and regas

My local Auto Sparky replaces the dryer and re-gases and checks the system for $140.

Trapped under Ice

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR acclaim
Nah that was just to replace everything not even with a regas. I just couldnt bring myself to paying that much money when its just a nut broken. See i would pay $140 but driving to brissy may even out costs. if i need to replace the condesor and dryer i can buy one and put it in myself cheap i'm just seeing if theres a place that repairs them. Why replace the whole thing for a nut

Jxfwsf

Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore
oops sorry wrong forum, was thinking vn-vp and retrofitting prices, yeah 140-150 regas is right.... damn $500 is steep just for that without anything else

wamboin23

Donating Member w/ Boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais - Cooled L67 + T56 | VF SSV Ute
if the nut on the condenser side of the drier is broken, you'll prob find the other nut is too.

i'd say the shop is quoting on replacing that pipe as well, run up to the firewall.

but parts and labour to replace all that would be around the $500.

aussie4life

Keep It Simple Stupid
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE International 3.0L
ive found a place here that will check and regas for 60-80 bucks lol. thats an alright price i reckon