Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Confirm 340KW R8 Headers??

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase some 340KW R8 headers and cats and have been sent this pic from the vendor.

ibdt2g.jpg

egafr9.jpg

Can anyone tell from these pics that they're the 340kw model headers? They're supposed to have larger primaries and larger collector from what I've read and heard.

Just don't want to get ripped off.

Cheers

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
No I don't think so. Ask him to measure the top exit of the cat. Should be 2 1/2inch or 63mm. They look like 2 1/4. And look quite old

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS, S PAK, CV8Z, SSVR, CALAIS V, MSE
look like they have a fair bit of km on them, what is he asking? the ones I got for my VFII LS3 look identical to these, althought I think might be just slightly larger. cant remember as they are still sitting in a box

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
here are the 340 ones I bought recently

VinnieLS3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII Commodore SSV Redline
Thanks guys.
Yeah I though the collector looked a bit skinny and they do look a tad old. I'll get him to measure both ends of the cat with pics.

SuperCoach have you got any other pics of your headers? Where'd you get yours from?
Also any notable difference with them on, both sound and performance wise?

duaned

Reaction score
Members Ride
M6 Red Hot MSE
If you can afford it, change the cats as well. Even the factory ones, although do flow better than standard, are still quite restrictive and by memory, have a ceramic core.

Super Coach

GTS, S, CV8Z, SSVR
Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks guys.
Yeah I though the collector looked a bit skinny and they do look a tad old. I'll get him to measure both ends of the cat with pics.

SuperCoach have you got any other pics of your headers? Where'd you get yours from?
Also any notable difference with them on, both sound and performance wise?

for all I know I might not have 340 either. how do you tell? what should be the measurement on the 340 ones?

I can take some more pics but dont know when I will have time. I dont have them fitted at the moment as I dont have a VFII yet

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
for all I know I might not have 340 either. how do you tell? what should be the measurement on the 340 ones?

I can take some more pics but dont know when I will have time. I dont have them fitted at the moment as I dont have a VFII yet

Unbolt the cats and measure the outlet size of the header, if it's a 340 R8 the pipe size will be 2.5"

bigjim92

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VF SSVR
These are non 340 R8 headers,

These are the 340 R8 headers that will be going on VFII