Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Confirmed- SV6 to be Chargd

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
Hey VZ owners and JC

Well after alot of "trash talk" about getting done, working on an alumina refinery living in cells and saving coin has finally got me into the position of charging the VZ.

Plans are for Early Feb, to fit around my schedule in Nhulunbuy, so from here on in I continue talking with CAPA (at present- nothing but enquiries to date) to see whats the best setup for me, considering I dont want to be buying new internals and the like.
I have spoke briefly with Raptor but their Alloytec project seems to be off in the foreeable future, maybe an option. Now that I can afford to do this, I want it bad.

At the moment im lookin the sealed vortect kit 6-9psi intercooled. You guys out there that know your stuff, what do you think? What are some other option I can look at for the 8g mark? They say its good for 300kW fly, would that be an aftermarket exhaust and ecu too?

In the latest SMC they bolted on this (or similar) kit to a VE Omega , not sure for defnates, and the thing produced 202kw at the treads using stock single pipe and stock ecu. I have a catback on at present, would I NEED to get headers and some type of piggyback? Obviously its going to run alot better with these things, but will it damage my engine etc if i leave it factory?
These questions will obviously be better directed to the professionals, but I value the knowledge people bring to this site, and value your opinion. I would appreciate only insightful feedback for this, I want to get the ball rolling.

Thanks

Highendrev

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
first of all massive thumbs up:thumbsup:

an exhaust upgrade is a must in my opinion.

have a look at these headers(right down the bottom)
http://www.pacemaker.com.au/holden_commodore_6cyl_vb-vz.html

and these cats
http://www.hmheaders.com.au/products/index.php?action=list&make=Holden

and a difillippo 2.5 inch dual exhaust is meant to be the best.

but im no pro on this subject. this is what ive picked up by talkin to people.

as for your computer. doesnt the capa kit include a change over with a reflashed ecu???

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
I'm not really sure that the stock internals will last with the mod you are going for. I recommend on running low boost on stock internals as they tend to crap at high boost. Just be cautious. My friend's VS crapped itself out after 8months of installing the supercharger - so beware. (He was running with stock internals and high boost pressure with a smaller S/C pulley.
But thats done on an Ecotec engine so not sure with the alloytec engines on yours. Prob would stand the extra punishment from the supercharger.
Just be cautious cos lots of things can happen so goodluck with it.

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
naff3n

im still to ask about whats included in the package, these are all questions i need to know. I guess im after getting some background from the guys from this site, so I can at least understand when I speak to the performance place of choice.
Exhaust wise, havent heard alot about DiPhillipo to be brutally honest, Ive always been a Pacemaker man myself. Something to definately look into for sure.

Attaboy
Cheers for the feedback, thats also I have reservations for. Perhaps if I just leave it say a 6 psi boost It may prolong the enevitable? Obviously my alloyec is alot newer in terms of age than the eco, my timeframe for destruction may take longer.
Obviously buying the car new, Im not really keen on destroying my motor.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
6psi boost should be ok but don't know if thats enough for the power gain you're after/expecting. I assume you know that almost every car that has S/C runs on premium fuel to stop pinging and other problems. So consider the the cost of fuel in the long term especially when the prices go up (I don't think you'll have a prob with fuel prices tho).

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
I use premo anyways.

Aggro_VE

The Overseer
Reaction score
Members Ride
A lazy VE
6psi will be fine! newer motor and the alloytec has strong internals anyway, most may recall a 7sec suped up alloytec in the states, stock crank, bottom end, granted the motor has had mods to certain internals, but the crank and bottom end hold up extremely well :).. hope all goes well mate.

P.S. when I saw your thread I spoont in my pants as I thought Holden had finally stop stuffing around and done a Blown SV6 from the factory lol...dam you!

EvoVIIIJDM

Got Evo?
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Evo VIII JDM
I personally would be looking at the Magic Performance turbo kit. I am not a fan of centrifical superchargers myself.

Why is that, whats wrong with the centri- s/c in your opinion? Who is this Magic mob?

I am currently awaiitng feedback from CAPA as they are closed over the holilday season until the 7/1/07. All going well I plan a trip to Berri early Feb.

Blown VS

Rick
Reaction score
Website
www.holdencommodoreclub.com
Members Ride
VZ SS
http://www.magicperformance.com.au/

I have never been a personal fan of centri S/C and say again it is only MY opinion. The entry level ones are okay but dont make a great deal of power and once you start uping this they become very loud, no worse then glimer drive but loud non the less. There are other reasons I have but no need to go in to them but as I said I would be looking at the turbo kit or even wait and see if someone does a roots blower as that would be better again.