Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Confused my Alloytec is 175 or 190

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Hello,
I am using 2005 VZ Berlina, I purchased last year and the owner was not having any manual or other specification documents with him. I am confused is my alloytec V6 175 or 190. Is there any way to find it using vin no or any number. Please let me know :) thanks in advance.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Hello,
I am using 2005 VZ Berlina, I purchased last year and the owner was not having any manual or other specification documents with him. I am confused is my alloytec V6 175 or 190. Is there any way to find it using vin no or any number. Please let me know :) thanks in advance.

I believe the Berlina is the 175 , 190KW on Calais and SV6 versions have this etched on the plastic engine cover

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
190kw will have 5 sp auto with flappy paddles

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
190 will usually have a black manifold intake

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
190kw will have 5 sp auto with flappy paddles

This is am hearing for the first time the commodore SV6 have flappy paddles ( Paddle shifters ). I saw some pic now in Google but never saw a SV6 with paddles shifters... anyways Thankz Mate :) ;)

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
190 will usually have a black manifold intake

Yes bor you are right... Mine is silver / Grey colour... I just wished mine will be 190.. :(
Thanks mate for the info :)
Peace

WL2005HBD

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 WL Statesman HBD
Not true. It depends on when it was produced. My WL is 2005 has the 190kW engine and was grey.
The ways to tell are - in an auto, as described, will have 5 speed. The shift options on your selector will say D, 4, 3, 2 rather than D, 3, 2, 1(or L). There will be paddles behind the top spokes on steering wheel, small ones, with a + or - symbol.

Engine covers should state Alloytec190 as opposed to Alloytec (unless changed) as will side badges on fenders with indicators (sometimes)
The engine itself will have 2 electrical connections at the rear of the plenum, one will actually have a black circular mechanism attached to the plug, this is the variable intake.
The intake pipe itself on 190s at the front of the engine will have long plastic resonators extending toward drivers side of the car originating from under the intake pipe, almost extending to the battery.
Generally engine numbers on 190kW start with 10H7, also, on your compliance plate in engine bay, the 190kW engine has a designation of LY7, whereas the 175kW has LEO.

That should help

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
Plus 4 cam sensors compared to 2 cam sensors. Also alloytec190 only came in sv6 or calais. No other model period.

akarshmalikal

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Not true. It depends on when it was produced. My WL is 2005 has the 190kW engine and was grey.
The ways to tell are - in an auto, as described, will have 5 speed. The shift options on your selector will say D, 4, 3, 2 rather than D, 3, 2, 1(or L). There will be paddles behind the top spokes on steering wheel, small ones, with a + or - symbol.

Engine covers should state Alloytec190 as opposed to Alloytec (unless changed) as will side badges on fenders with indicators (sometimes)
The engine itself will have 2 electrical connections at the rear of the plenum, one will actually have a black circular mechanism attached to the plug, this is the variable intake.
The intake pipe itself on 190s at the front of the engine will have long plastic resonators extending toward drivers side of the car originating from under the intake pipe, almost extending to the battery.
Generally engine numbers on 190kW start with 10H7, also, on your compliance plate in engine bay, the 190kW engine has a designation of LY7, whereas the 175kW has LEO.

That should help

I Got it, Mine is 175 (Unfortunately :( ) in the metallic plate its mention ENG: LEO.

But do check this webpage it shows the difference of 175 and 190 and the intake color is different black for 190 and silver for 175 Holden 2004 Commodore - VZ Commodore: Holden doubles up on V6 | GoAuto
and even 190 is carved in the upper engine cover :)

Thanks mate for the info :)

richardpalinkas

Blown Alloytec
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor Impulse VZ SV6
I had an sv6 and it had a black one. Then they all were alloy ones