Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Congratulations to Mark Webber

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
Surely everyone has heard by now of Mark Webber making 3rd at Monaco in his Williams-BMW.
I think Mickey Schu was unlucky to not do better, if the Safety car was deployed earlier he probably would have ended up around 3rd or 4th instead of 7th.
I hate Kimi Raikkonnen.
Alonso should have pulled over. He was racing like a little girl in a car for the first time. Heidfeld and Webber would have caught up to Raikkonnen if they weren't being held back by 4-6 seconds a lap. Ofcourse they never would have got Raikkonnen he had way too much pace.

Schuey better get some pace back in the next few races or he's done for this year. Ferrari should switch to Michelin tyres, they're just too good at the start of the race. In the past few races Schuey gets all his speed after the first half of the race. Which by then is too late really to win.

VIVA FERRARI

fourstar82

Head Chef Honcho
Reaction score
Website
s31.photobucket.com
Members Ride
VYII 25th Anniversary, 2007 VE Calais
So Ferrari aren't doing so well this year, boo hoo... Its about time the other teams stepped up and taken it to Ferrari. Kimi is an extremely good driver and McLaren have delivered him an awesome car this year. It also shows that Schuey is human after all. As for him finishing higher if the safety car had come out earlier, thats a 'what if' scenario and there is no use in dwelling on it. But anyway, well done to Mark Webber, he finally got a result that he deserved!!! Its taken a few round for Williams to sort out the bugs in their cars this year but finally they seem to be getting somewhere. But in some way its all in vain as the rules on engines change again next year, stepping down to a V8 engine from the current V10 engine format but at least it'll keep F1 entertaining. This years comp hasn't been as bad as i thought it might have, especially in regards to tyres.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
True.
I have been a bit more entertained this year. But being a Ferrari man I hate seing them place so low. I don't mind if it's Schuey or Barrichello I just want Ferrari on top.
It's those Italian genes taking over. I'd like to see Valentino Rossi head over to F1 and dominate in a Ferrari. That'd be a dream come true to have and Italian kicking ass in an Italian Stallion.

grath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
Big thumbs up to Webber. Its always great to see an aussie performing well. He's been very unlucky in the past.

Go KIMI!!! :king: Schui has had his time.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I would really love to see Barrichello get up. I know he's a better driver than he has been in the past few years. I'm sure it all comes down to Ferrari... Ross Brawn and Jean Todt. It just so happens that Barrichello lost 7th position to Mickey Schu on the straight of Monaco just seconds before the end of the race. C'mon, how does that happen when you're in the exact same car as your teammate? Some kind of word has to be coming from higher ups. Otherwise his car just doesn't have the performance of Schuey's and that would be robbing the viewers and Barrichello.

As for Webber, I like Webber. I'd much rather see Schui and Barri 1-2's every fortnight. But I'd love to see Webber in 3rd.
You're right about Webber's luck. Last year in that Jaguar either his car exploded under him or he'd make a minor mistake and just lose it all. He's having a slow start to his career but I definitely think he'll win a world championship before he's done.
I also think guys like Montoya and Coulthard are just waiting for opportunity. Alonso, Fishichella, Kimi, Webber and the likes are the future of F1.
I think Ferrari's biggest problem was adapting to the changes this year in qualifying, engine longevity, tyre's and pretty much how everything works. They've been caught off guard but Ferrari will always end up with a superior car and superior drivers. They have more cash to spend, some of the better engineers and technitions in the racing world and well... The best driver to ever grace F1 in Schey. They also got that little brazilian guy who's got plenty of talent but IMO is held back by his team.
Barrichello in a Mclaren-Merc would be a Championship winning racer.

grath

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
How close can Kimi get? God damn! He was so close :bang:
And poor Webber loses out again. He's got the worst luck of them all!

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
I was on my knee's praying for Kimi to lose that wheel. Right after he locked it up for a long while I thought "YES, 1 more big lockup in the same spot and he'll have a huge flatspot". What should happen? Next corner he locks the same wheel, it would seem it was because of the previous one that he locked up on the same spot. I was just watching his car vibrate and waiting for it to fall off.
Why? Is it because I like Alonso? Hell no, I hate Alonso, because I knew if all goes well Barrichello would end up on the podium.

C

ciphernzilch

You want to see Ferrari 1-2 every fortnight? Well...I want to see a McLaren 1-2 every fortnight. At least Mclaren can boast of 2 wins this season. Ferrari and Schui do not have even one. And I prefer it that way. Why? Because I hate both Ferrari and Schui.

MoSkA

Steriotypical Wog
Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 Subaru WRX
You want to see McLaren 1-2? At least Schui has 1 or 2 championships under his belt.
I can't remember... is it 1? or 2?...