Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Connect AMP to Original Headunit (VZ Commodore)

tanner892

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV M6
Gday just wanting to know if it was possible to connect an AMP to the original headunit in my car ( 2005 vz sv6 ) ?

Oh and also when upgrading the sound system, do you think and amp and sub will be fine with the original speakers, or should they be replaced too?
thanks

SMIT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT C2R TURBO 5SP + CRUNCH VE SSV 6SP
This has been covered too many times.

You need something called a LOC (line-out Converter), but the sound quality inset the best unless you pay for a decent set $300+ and evan then its not that good. You can get aerpro ones for like $30-50 which are ok if you not going to big. But i would recommend getting a new h/u anyway as you can pick them up for $99 + $40 facia kit for you car.

It just depends if you want to keep the stock h/u for a stealth look

And regarding upgrading the speakers, it depends how much you wanna spend. If you can afford new speakers and amp and sub you going about it the wrong way.\

I would suggest maybe posting up how much you have to spend and what you want and what your willing to do/not do to do as allot of people on here will give you a better suggestions.

gdunkley84

I Have a Dent.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV Sportswagon
Or you could get asr-audio (Phreddy) to mod your stock headunit to add amp pre-outs and aux-in. See the sponsors section.