Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Consequences of white/blue parkers in vic?

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
For what it's worth, as someone who does a lot of highway driving, I reckon the LED parking lights are significantly inferior as a means to make your car visible to others. The primary reason is that LEDs are directional and without light coming from all around the globe onto the reflector, the impact is minimal. (That's why DRLs are a string of LEDs in a row to make them more of an impact). Besides, you'd be surprised how well a 5W wedge globe can light up a reflector headlamp assembly. As for blue LED parkers, they're the worst for visibility (the total Lux output is hopeless) and they fail the ADR requirements for 'white light output'. You will eventually get a defect for them as they do not comply with Aust. design rules. The number of cars I see going along highways in low light (eg dusk) with just blue LEDs on is scary. As their dash is illuminated, the driver often doesn't realise they haven't got their low beams on. And if the blue LEDs are the only thing that helps me see you before I move into your path.... well you know how that ends. ADRs are there for a reason - comply and you'll be making your ride safe for your own sake if no-one else.

HamaTime™

VIP Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
C Class AMG
I don't like them. Their illegal and will get you a defect in Victoria.

BradZ_VH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH Commodore ( Paddock Bomb)
The only colours that are allowed on the front of your car apart from white are blue and green and are only legal when your stationary. Red is associated with braking and must be rearward facing, purple/yellow are fully illegal, and so are most others. That being said you have to be pretty unlucky to get done for them ( blue or green) and if you do its usually just a warning.